RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

entry point error message

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

entry point error message garrobal 18 Oct 19:35
  entry point error message rich404 19 Oct 16:47
2018-10-18 19:35:47 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

hello, I originally installed gimp 2.10. But after finding out that many of the youtube videos concern gimp 2.8 instead of 2.10 I down loaded 2.8. When I try to open it it will not let me and says The procedure entry point inflateValidate could not be located in the dynamic link library C:Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\libpng 16-16.dll. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

rich404
2018-10-19 16:47:15 UTC (over 5 years ago)

hello, I originally installed gimp 2.10. But after finding out that many of the youtube videos concern gimp 2.8 instead of 2.10 I down loaded 2.8. When I try to open it it will not let me and says The procedure entry point inflateValidate could not be located in the dynamic link library C:Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\libpng 16-16.dll. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Anything to do with using a Windows TWAIN scanner?

see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/1383

If not give details of what you are doing.

Generally:

It could be that there are files left over from installing Gimp 2.10 followed by installing Gimp 2.8

Use Windows uninstall menu to uninstall Gimp (whatever version showing - Gimp 2.8)

If there is C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ folder remaining delete it.

Make sure you are using the last Windows installer from gimp.org

https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.22-setup.exe

Reinstall Gimp 2.8 again using that version.