RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

image perspective

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

image perspective Gimp_Noob 05 Oct 02:59
  image perspective rich404 06 Oct 09:46
  image perspective Ofnuts 17 Oct 12:36
2018-10-05 02:59:38 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

image perspective

I'm trying to wrap a label around an object. I am able to use the bend curve tool to achieve a satisfactory result. It's not great but I'll take it. I'm having a real problem using the perspective tool. Most of the time the image (label) ends up shrinking too much. I viewed a couple of tutorials where people are wrapping different kinds of objects in labels. If I use an object i.e. jar or can that is similar to the one in the tutorial the final image seems to come out okay. If I have to use a random object the final image is a mess. I'll post a screenshot of my workspace. It may or may not help anyone come up with a suggestion. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

rich404
2018-10-06 09:46:52 UTC (over 5 years ago)

image perspective

I'm trying to wrap a label around an object. I am able to use the bend curve tool to achieve a satisfactory result. It's not great but I'll take it. I'm having a real problem using the perspective tool. Most of the time the image (label) ends up shrinking too much. I viewed a couple of tutorials where people are wrapping different kinds of objects in labels. If I use an object i.e. jar or can that is similar to the one in the tutorial the final image seems to come out okay. If I have to use a random object the final image is a mess. I'll post a screenshot of my workspace. It may or may not help anyone come up with a suggestion. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I would keep the upper and lower curves in the curve-bend filter parallel. If you want to make adjustments, do them later.

There are other tools, warp-transform - not a wonderful choice or map-to-object (cylinder) - can be effective but not so easy to use for this purpose.

This is just some of my thoughts, that might get you some sort of result.

https://youtu.be/GPykDXkU_Yw 5 minutes

Ofnuts
2018-10-17 12:36:15 UTC (over 5 years ago)

image perspective

On 10/05/18 04:59, Gimp_Noob wrote:

I would use Filters>Map>Map to object (cylinder)

A completely different solution if you start from a text layer is to use the ofn-bend-path script:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-bend-path