RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Best way to color calibrate for camera?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Best way to color calibrate for camera? PhilPhoto 03 Oct 03:35
2018-10-03 03:35:19 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Best way to color calibrate for camera?

I'm using gimp to edit photos from a sony alpha camera. I'm using sony's raw import tool, to generate a tiff which I then pull into GIMP.

I've gotten my hands on a munsel chart, aka an xrite color passport. What is the best (free) way to adjust colors based on that?

I would have thought creating an ICC profile to convert the image to, would be best... except that there doesnt seem to be any good free way to do this. I did find "dcamprof".. but the instructions there are so horribly confusing and long, I cant follow them. One might almost thinks this is deliberate, since he sells a commercial layer on top of the free stuff, to provide an easier method.

So can anyone suggest a more straightforward process that will result in a consistently color calibrated image?

(PS: yes my monitor is already calibrated)