RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to select isolated pixels ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20050328200048.AA94C12441@l... 07 Oct 20:17
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 30, Issue 24 Asif Lodhi 29 Mar 02:11
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 30, Issue 24 Asif Lodhi 29 Mar 02:14
  How to select isolated pixels ? Asif Lodhi 29 Mar 02:23
Asif Lodhi
2005-03-29 02:11:08 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 30, Issue 24

Hi

Perhaps you can do it by selecting the option "Select by Color" and manipulating the threshold - perhaps increasing it.

Best regards

Asif

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:53:08 -0500 (EST) From: Sebastien Cabot
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to select isolated pixels ?

Sebastien Cabot writes:

I have a black & white image of a texte document, I would like to eliminated the isolated pixel (small group of 1 to 5 pixels in the white area of the page) to keep only the black text.

--- Sven Neumann wrote:

Despeckle should be able to do that, give it a try.

Thanks, I didn't knew about despeckle. Unfortunatly this plug-in in addition to remove the isolated pixels also remove some pixels of the non isolated one (letter contour). This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I must remember I have a monocrome image (2-bit) which greatly reduce plug-in option like despeckle.

Utitimatly what I need, is after a selection of all the black pixels, find a way to remove from it all area made of more than 5 contiguous pixels. The remaning areas of 5 or less pixels will be the small dots I want to remove.

Anyone have a suggestion how I can modify my black pixels selection in such a way ?

Asif Lodhi
2005-03-29 02:14:34 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 30, Issue 24

Hi

Perhaps you can do it by first enclosing the image section you want to manipulate using the freeform selection tool and then selecting the option/tool "Select by Color" and manipulating the threshold - perhaps increasing it.

Best regards

Asif

To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to select isolated pixels ?

Sebastien Cabot writes:

I have a black & white image of a texte document, I would like to eliminated the isolated pixel (small group of 1 to 5 pixels in the white area of the page) to keep only the black text.

--- Sven Neumann wrote:

Thanks, I didn't knew about despeckle. Unfortunatly this plug-in in addition to remove the isolated pixels also remove some pixels of the non isolated one (letter contour). This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I must remember I have a monocrome image (2-bit) which greatly reduce plug-in option like despeckle.

Utitimatly what I need, is after a selection of all the black pixels, find a way to remove from it all area made of more than 5 contiguous pixels. The remaning areas of 5 or less pixels will be the small dots I want to remove.

Anyone have a suggestion how I can modify my black pixels selection in such a way ?

Asif Lodhi
2005-03-29 02:23:27 UTC (about 19 years ago)

How to select isolated pixels ?

Hi

IMHO perhaps you can do it by :

1) converting your image to RGB. 2) selecting the area(s) you want to manipulate using the free selection tool
3) using the "Select by Color" tool and manipulating (perhap increasing) the threshold.
4) converting the image back to the original mode.

Best regards

Asif

To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to select isolated pixels ? Message-ID:

Sebastien Cabot writes:

--- Sven Neumann wrote: