RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Color Exchange comes out a lighter shade than selected color.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

231955334.5692242.153697612... 15 Sep 01:49
  Color Exchange comes out a lighter shade than selected color. Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list 15 Sep 01:48
Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list
2018-09-15 01:48:44 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Color Exchange comes out a lighter shade than selected color.

I used the color exchange feature to change all the black pictures to a blue>selection (0, 90, 180), and the color that was produced in the final image is a slightly lighter color (you can see on the image below). When I use the fuzzy select/fill tools, it comes out fine. What is wrong?

Attachments:
http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1000/original/lightershade.png

First of all, It would help if you told us what operating system and GIMP versionyou were using... Secondly, I brought up your image in GIMP (2.10.4), and used the Color Picker tool(from the Toolbox - also available from Tools-->Color Picker), with Pick Only andUse Info Window checked in the Tool Options.RGB for the darker was: 46/118/163, and the lighter was:71/140/186.I.E. neither one was 0/90/180.I used your figures in Change Foreground Color to set theforeground color to your desired blue.  This blue I then used to paint with a bit, and found it tobe darker than either one of your, um, "letters".The color picker tool confirms this new stroke to be 0/90/180. I changed the foreground color to white and made a stroke, and then broughtup the Color Exchange dialog (Colors-->Map-->Color Exchange).I clicked on the color picker button opposite "To Color", and whenever I picked one ofthe three blues (two of yours, one of mine), the stroke changed to that color...(As I don't know what "Threshold" does, except that it seems to be a percentage, with1.0  being 100%,  I didn't fiddle with the numbers any.) I think you need to give more detail in what you did (including explaining what you meanby "all the black pictures", and "to a blue selection") to get the result you got...