RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp entry error

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp entry error muffinn 13 Sep 07:18
  Gimp entry error rich404 13 Sep 09:06
   Gimp entry error muffinn 13 Sep 18:14
2018-09-13 07:18:47 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Gimp entry error

Muliple errors of this type on entry. I have uninstalled and tidies registry... Any ideas?
Thanks

rich404
2018-09-13 09:06:15 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Gimp entry error

Muliple errors of this type on entry. I have uninstalled and tidies registry... Any ideas?
Thanks

Probable scenario:

You had the beautify plugin(s) installed in a previous Gimp 2.8 Gimp 2.10 copied the beautify files from the old Gimp 2.8 profile to the new Gimp 2.10 user profile. You might be able to sort that out.

I am not writing the whole thing out again in this mailing list format.

see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Re-Beautify-Plugin

The alternative scenario: You used one of those 'multi-plugin' installers that dumped a load of files in the main Gimp folders, leaving them behind to screw up the new installation.

Start again, uninstall Gimp 2.10 Delete any C:\Program Files\GIMP 2 (if there) Delete the Gimp 2.10 user profile. Disable the old Gimp 2.8 profile. Install Gimp 2.10 Run it to make a new default Gimp 2.10 profile. Start adding scripts and plugins to the new profile, one at a time, to check what works (or not)

2018-09-13 18:14:42 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Gimp entry error

Thanks - brilliant
It was the hidden appdata that was the issue - now all OK

Many thanks

Probable scenario:

You had the beautify plugin(s) installed in a previous Gimp 2.8 Gimp 2.10 copied the beautify files from the old Gimp 2.8 profile to the new Gimp 2.10 user profile. You might be able to sort that out.

I am not writing the whole thing out again in this mailing list format.

see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Re-Beautify-Plugin

The alternative scenario: You used one of those 'multi-plugin' installers that dumped a load of files in the main Gimp folders, leaving them behind to screw up the new installation.

Start again, uninstall Gimp 2.10 Delete any C:\Program Files\GIMP 2 (if there) Delete the Gimp 2.10 user profile. Disable the old Gimp 2.8 profile. Install Gimp 2.10 Run it to make a new default Gimp 2.10 profile. Start adding scripts and plugins to the new profile, one at a time, to check what works (or not)