RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Moving Multiple Layers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Moving Multiple Layers Philbeaux 17 Jul 21:57
  Moving Multiple Layers rich404 18 Jul 07:30
   Moving Multiple Layers Philbeaux 18 Jul 21:58
2018-07-17 21:57:38 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Moving Multiple Layers

OK, I'm going going to assume I'm just doing something wrong, but in the past, whenever I wanted to move multiple layers together I would just click the "Lock Pixels" icon (the little link picture in the layers menu) for each layer I wanted to move and then, just move them.

Now, I can't move anything. Not even the layer that is highlighted. The only thing that will move is the background. Is something different?

rich404
2018-07-18 07:30:39 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Moving Multiple Layers

OK, I'm going going to assume I'm just doing something wrong, but in the past, whenever I wanted to move multiple layers together I would just click the "Lock Pixels" icon (the little link picture in the layers menu) for each layer I wanted to move and then, just move them.

Now, I can't move anything. Not even the layer that is highlighted. The only thing that will move is the background. Is something different?

A couple of things there:

I am sure you are using the correct linking 'icon' - the chain next to the visibility icon but 'lock pixels is something different.

quote - The only thing that moves is the background.

Moving a layer that contains transparency such as text.

Either, make sure you click on 'solid' pixels or toggle the `Move the active layer' option. Otherwise the next solid layer under the cursor will move, often the background.

The other thing to check is the layer mode. Three options, layers - selections - paths. Use the first.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2018-07-18 21:58:33 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Moving Multiple Layers

A couple of things there:

I am sure you are using the correct linking 'icon' - the chain next to the visibility icon but 'lock pixels is something different.

quote - The only thing that moves is the background.

Moving a layer that contains transparency such as text.

Either, make sure you click on 'solid' pixels or toggle the `Move the active layer' option. Otherwise the next solid layer under the cursor will move, often the background.

The other thing to check is the layer mode. Three options, layers - selections - paths. Use the first.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

I'm using 2.10, so it's a little different from your image - but it should still function the same. I ended up just "CTRL-Zing" until I got to a earlier point and it started acting right so maybe I set something wrong ?????? I don't know but like I was able to do what I needed.

Thanks............