RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Create icons from images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Create icons from images Pickles via gimp-user-list 29 Jun 08:47
  Create icons from images Rick Kline 29 Jun 15:04
Pickles via gimp-user-list
2018-06-29 08:47:21 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Create icons from images

Other Gimp users constantly post vids about how to use images to create desktop icons using GIMP. I eventually realised that I had to rename the file to .ico myself and then, contrary to the instructions I had to EXPORT the photo and not simply SAVE it, things began to look rosy, until I viewed the end result (see attached image), my icon is a cat between the normal Telephone and Gimp icons! Please explain where I'm going wrong?

P.S as instructed I saved the file in *32x32* pixels and renamed it as CAT *.ico*
Hope you can help and thank you for reading.

Rick Kline
2018-06-29 15:04:30 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Create icons from images

On Jun 29, 2018, at 4:47 AM, Pickles via gimp-user-list wrote:

Other Gimp users constantly post vids about how to use images to create desktop icons using GIMP. I eventually realised that I had to rename the file to .ico myself and then, contrary to the instructions I had to EXPORT the photo and not simply SAVE it, things began to look rosy, until I viewed the end result (see attached image), my icon is a cat between the normal Telephone and Gimp icons! Please explain where I'm going wrong?

P.S as instructed I saved the file in *32x32* pixels and renamed it as CAT *.ico*
Hope you can help and thank you for reading. _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Oops - looks like you hit “Send” before attaching the sample image or link. I do that way too often, too.

* * ** *** ***** ******** ************* ********************* It’s better to wave at a stranger than to ignore a friend * * ** *** ***** ******** ************* *********************