RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Couple of issues in 2.10.2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Couple of issues in 2.10.2 tbm 25 Jun 10:51
  Couple of issues in 2.10.2 rich404 25 Jun 15:15
   Couple of issues in 2.10.2 tbm 25 Jun 16:54
   Couple of issues in 2.10.2 Ofnuts 27 Jun 21:45
2018-06-25 10:51:08 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Hi,

I've only just noticed the update to 2.10 (was on 2.8 before) and I'm having a couple of issues which I assume are specific to me as I can't see anyone else reporting them yet:

1) There are a few tools in the toolbox that don't bring up their dialogue boxes until I click somewhere on the screen (e.g. Brightness/Contrast, Threshold, Levels and Curves). So for example I might click the [Brightness/Contrast] icon in the toolbox but it looks like nothing has happened. I then have to click anywhere on screen at which point the dialogue box appears. If I do the same thing but via the dropdown menu (i.e. click on Colors>Brightness-Contrast) the dialogue box appears immediately. Is this the way it's supposed to behave?

2) When I use the [Free Select] tool, it doesn't update my selection. It's a bit weird to explain but let's say I already have something selected (like a rectangle) but then use Free Select to draw a different shape, it doesn't register that a new selection has been made. The only way I can get it to register my newly drawn shape is to switch tools (like click on Fuzzy Select and then back again to Free Select, at which point it updates my selection). I've added a screenshot to try and show what I mean. The same thing then happens if I try and draw another selection - I have to switch tools again to get GIMP to acknowledge that I've changed selection and update it so the marching ants appear.

Have I got a strange selection set in prefs or something? It definitely didn't behave like this for me in 2.8.

(this is on Win 10/64 bit btw)

rich404
2018-06-25 15:15:39 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Hi,

I've only just noticed the update to 2.10 (was on 2.8 before) and I'm having a couple of issues which I assume are specific to me as I can't see anyone else reporting them yet:

1) There are a few tools in the toolbox that don't bring up their dialogue boxes until I click somewhere on the screen (e.g. Brightness/Contrast, Threshold, Levels and Curves). So for example I might click the [Brightness/Contrast] icon in the toolbox but it looks like nothing has happened. I then have to click anywhere on screen at which point the dialogue box appears. If I do the same thing but via the dropdown menu (i.e. click on Colors>Brightness-Contrast) the dialogue box appears immediately. Is this the way it's supposed to behave?

2) When I use the [Free Select] tool, it doesn't update my selection. It's a bit weird to explain but let's say I already have something selected (like a rectangle) but then use Free Select to draw a different shape, it doesn't register that a new selection has been made. The only way I can get it to register my newly drawn shape is to switch tools (like click on Fuzzy Select and then back again to Free Select, at which point it updates my selection). I've added a screenshot to try and show what I mean. The same thing then happens if I try and draw another selection - I have to switch tools again to get GIMP to acknowledge that I've changed selection and update it so the marching ants appear.

Have I got a strange selection set in prefs or something? It definitely didn't behave like this for me in 2.8.

(this is on Win 10/64 bit btw)

1) That is strange because that is the way it works in my Gimp 2.8.22 so no surprise here.

2) The free select in 2.10 can add another click or two. Easiest way to make the selection active is hit the enter key.

2018-06-25 16:54:04 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

1) That is strange because that is the way it works in my Gimp 2.8.22 so no surprise here.

2) The free select in 2.10 can add another click or two. Easiest way to make the selection active is hit the enter key.

Thank you - I see now there's a message in the notification area after free selecting an area that says "Return commits, Escape cancels, Backspace re-opens shape". Just didn't notice it after the update but I imagine it could be useful in workflow once I get used to the change :)

Ofnuts
2018-06-27 21:45:59 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

On 06/25/18 17:15, rich404 wrote:

Double-clicking inside the selection is even easier (no need to change hands)