RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Transform tools in 2.10: independent window back to on-canvas dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Transform tools in 2.10: independent window back to on-canvas dialog Ofnuts 15 Jun 15:32
  Transform tools in 2.10: independent window back to on-canvas dialog rich404 15 Jun 16:17
Ofnuts
2018-06-15 15:32:35 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

In the 2.10 transform tools show an on-canvas window (a bit like the text tool in 2.8). This window can be made an independent window by clicking on the up-arrow icon.

So, is there a maneuver to make that independent window become an on-canvas widget again, without either 1) restoring to factory settings, or 2) editing the "sessionrc" file? I tried several drags without success.

rich404
2018-06-15 16:17:11 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

In the 2.10 transform tools show an on-canvas window (a bit like the text tool in 2.8). This window can be made an independent window by clicking on the up-arrow icon.

So, is there a maneuver to make that independent window become an on-canvas widget again, without either 1) restoring to factory settings,
or 2) editing the "sessionrc" file? I tried several drags without success.

Vary rarely reply to a mailing list person.

Say, using the 'rotate tool' and detach the on-canvas widget so it is a floating window.

My setup indicates switching to another tool then back to the 'rotate tool' restores the on canvas widget.

Might not be true for everyone