RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Need to read EXIF from a plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Need to read EXIF from a plugin NeverARobot 06 Jun 20:53
  Need to read EXIF from a plugin Ofnuts 08 Jun 15:23
   Need to read EXIF from a plugin NeverARobot 08 Jun 17:43
    Need to read EXIF from a plugin Ofnuts 09 Jun 21:51
2018-06-06 20:53:39 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

I'm trying to write a Python plugin for Gimp (2.8) that extracts an EXIF value and displays it on the image, e.g. the OriginalDateTime. So far I haven't been able to find anything I can call from the plugin that will read and parse the EXIF data, at least not without going back to the original image file. There has to be a better way than that or finding the EXIF parasite attachment and parsing it myself.

Ofnuts
2018-06-08 15:23:06 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

On 06/06/18 22:53, NeverARobot wrote:

I'm trying to write a Python plugin for Gimp (2.8) that extracts an EXIF value and displays it on the image, e.g. the OriginalDateTime. So far I haven't been able to find anything I can call from the plugin that will read and parse the EXIF data, at least not without going back to the original image file. There has to be a better way than that or finding the EXIF parasite attachment and parsing it myself.

Not in 2.8 (but is wise to write 2.8 plugins?). There is an API for this in 2.10.

2018-06-08 17:43:50 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Not in 2.8 (but is wise to write 2.8 plugins?). There is an API for this
in 2.10.

I did some digging and it appears I can update my Ubuntu 16.04 to Gimp 2.10.0, but I couldn't find any docs for this API. Could you point me to it? Thanks.

Ofnuts
2018-06-09 21:51:26 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

On 06/08/18 19:43, NeverARobot wrote:

Not in 2.8 (but is wise to write 2.8 plugins?). There is an API for this
in 2.10.

I did some digging and it appears I can update my Ubuntu 16.04 to Gimp 2.10.0, but I couldn't find any docs for this API. Could you point me to it? Thanks.

Nothing more that what you have in the PDB browser, but this and a bit of experimenting should be enough.