RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Drawing and text not working

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Drawing and text not working Clearerwill 31 May 19:05
  Drawing and text not working rich404 01 Jun 08:16
   Drawing and text not working Freerk55 28 Dec 12:33
    Drawing and text not working rich404 28 Dec 13:37
  Drawing and text not working Scott12 30 Aug 17:53
2018-05-31 19:05:32 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

I just installed the newest version of GIMP on my Windows 10 computer. When I draw with a brush, pencil, pen, etc, as I am dragging my mouse there is no visual representation of the line I am making. Only when I release the button on my mouse after reaching the end point of the line, the entire line appears all at once. Also, when I make a text box, at first the box does not appear. I will drag the mouse to create a text box and nothing happens, but when I type some text, suddenly the box appears. Also the box does not have the same appearance as I have seen in online tutorials, where on each corner of the box there is a square for you to drag and change the shape of the box. I am familiar with how layers work and that certain operations are restricted on certain layers. I don't believe that is the source of this problem. I have searched for solutions online and not found any report of this kind of problem elsewhere. Please help.

rich404
2018-06-01 08:16:51 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

I just installed the newest version of GIMP on my Windows 10 computer. When I draw with a brush, pencil, pen, etc, as I am dragging my mouse there is no visual representation of the line I am making. Only when I release the button on my mouse after reaching the end point of the line, the entire line appears all at once.

I remember your post from elsewhere. It is probably a unique issue with your installation.

Have you tried a different compilation of Gimp 2.10.2 The one from Partha www.partha.com was released yesterday. 64 bit only.

Also, when I make a text
box, at first the box does not appear. I will drag the mouse to create a text box and nothing happens, but when I type some text, suddenly the box appears. Also the box does not have the same appearance as I have seen in online tutorials, where on each corner of the box there is a square for you to drag and change the shape of the box.

The shape of the text box is a little different from earlier versions of Gimp. By request the large 'handles' are now much smaller

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2018-12-28 12:33:35 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

I remember your post from elsewhere. It is probably a unique issue with your installation.

Have you tried a different compilation of Gimp 2.10.2 The one from Partha www.partha.com was released yesterday. 64 bit only. The shape of the text box is a little different from earlier versions of Gimp. By request the large 'handles' are now much smaller

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

I have the same: fresh install of Linux Mint 19.1 on Intel machine

rich404
2018-12-28 13:37:40 UTC (about 5 years ago)

I have the same: fresh install of Linux Mint 19.1 on Intel machine

I wonder what the connection is?

Only thing I can think of at the moment is if you have a 4K monitor. These seem to create display problems with Gimp.

2021-08-30 17:53:03 UTC (over 2 years ago)
postings

The same issue happened to my computer also. I generally resolve this kind of error from online sources. Last week I had some computer issue and I get it resolved by online resources. I generally take help from the https://zoetalentsolutions.com/e-learning-vs-traditional-learning/ to get the best information. If anyone is looking for learning then It's best to get the knowledge online. These days You can complete the lots of courses online.