RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Missing QuickMask button

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Missing QuickMask button audioeffect 31 May 12:36
  Missing QuickMask button programmer_ceds 01 Jun 11:36
  Missing QuickMask button Alexandre Prokoudine 01 Jun 13:25
   Missing QuickMask button audioeffect 01 Jun 13:31
2018-05-31 12:36:28 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Missing QuickMask button

Hello,

My GIMP seems to be missing the QuickMask button in the lower left corner. I can't seem to find an option to enable it again. When I search Google, I can only find tutorials on using the QuickMask. I tried installing the latest version (2.10.2), but the setting(?) was preserved. I hope it's a quick and easy fix. If necessary, I can uninstall while deleting preferences, and reinstall. I just thought maybe it was a checkbox somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Audio

2018-06-01 11:36:29 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Missing QuickMask button

Using V2.10.2 portable from Partha's site I still have the Quick Mask button - its a small square outline below the vertical ruler and to the left of the horizontal scroll bar. Mousing over it shows "Toggle Quick Mask on/off Shift-Q".

Clicking in the square or pressing Shift-Q does indeed turn the Quick Mask on or off.

Hello,

My GIMP seems to be missing the QuickMask button in the lower left corner. I can't seem to find an option to enable it again. When I search Google, I can only find tutorials on using the QuickMask. I tried installing the latest version (2.10.2), but the setting(?) was preserved. I hope it's a quick and easy fix. If necessary, I can uninstall while deleting preferences, and reinstall. I just thought maybe it was a checkbox somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Audio

Alexandre Prokoudine
2018-06-01 13:25:53 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Missing QuickMask button

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:36 PM, audioeffect wrote:

Hello,

My GIMP seems to be missing the QuickMask button in the lower left corner.

It's exactly where it has always been. You probably disabled scrollbars (see View menu).

You can also easily toggle the quick mask by pressing Shift+Q.

If necessary, I can uninstall while deleting preferences, and reinstall.

There is absolutely no need whatsoever to try fixing everything by reinstalling :)

Alex

2018-06-01 13:31:41 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Missing QuickMask button

It's exactly where it has always been. You probably disabled scrollbars (see View menu).

You can also easily toggle the quick mask by pressing Shift+Q. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to try fixing everything by reinstalling :)

Alex

SOLVED! Thank you. I didn't realize it was part of the scrollbars.