RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New Guides script glitches

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New Guides script glitches Rick Strong 21 May 07:04
  New Guides script glitches Michael Schumacher 21 May 10:18
   New Guides script glitches Rick Strong 21 May 16:02
Rick Strong
2018-05-21 07:04:06 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

I can’t get the New Guides script to stop running. GIMP 2.10.2, WIN 7 sp1.

I used it to place two guides by percentage (Image>Guides> New Guide by percentage) and it did that, but now I get an error message that the New Guides script is still running and I can’t place any more guides.

Oh wait, when I got rid of my main window, there was the dialogue for the New Guides script hiding underneath everything. Is there any way for this dialogue (and all others) to be “always on top” and then disappearing once the guide has been set? Actually, one might want the dialogue to stay active and on top until all the guides have been set.

The other glitch in this otherwise handy tool is that the New Guides script can only set a specific distance in pixels, not inches, points or any other measure. Maybe in the next version?

Thanks, Rick S.

Michael Schumacher
2018-05-21 10:18:10 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

On 05/21/2018 09:04 AM, Rick Strong wrote:

Oh wait, when I got rid of my main window, there was the dialogue for the New Guides script hiding underneath everything. Is there any way for this dialogue (and all others) to be “always on top” and then disappearing once the guide has been set? Actually, one might want the dialogue to stay active and on top until all the guides have been set.

The way is to figure out why it doesn't do this - that could be platform-specific - and then fix whatever is necessary to make it stay on top. But note that you most likely do not want it to become modal, i.e. block the whole GIMP UI, just because on image has a dialog open.

The other glitch in this otherwise handy tool is that the New Guides script can only set a specific distance in pixels, not inches, points or any other measure. Maybe in the next version?

See https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=770915 - some feedback on whether this script works as expected would be useful, preferably directly as comments in the bug report.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
Rick Strong
2018-05-21 16:02:44 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Michael:

"...you most likely do not want it to become modal, i.e. block the whole GIMP UI, just because on image has a dialog open."

Quite right. Primarily I just want to see the open dialogue when it's open. Being able to set additional/multiple guide lines in one go would be icing on the cake.

I'll see what I can do to get on Bugzilla. I had trouble last time.

Thanks, Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Schumacher
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 6:18 AM
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] New Guides script glitches

On 05/21/2018 09:04 AM, Rick Strong wrote:

The way is to figure out why it doesn't do this - that could be platform-specific - and then fix whatever is necessary to make it stay on top. But note that you most likely do not want it to become modal, i.e. block the whole GIMP UI, just because on image has a dialog open.

See https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=770915 - some feedback on whether this script works as expected would be useful, preferably directly as comments in the bug report.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD