RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Layer bug (2.10)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Layer bug (2.10) François Jouve 17 May 16:21
  Layer bug (2.10) Ofnuts 17 May 21:18
   Layer bug (2.10) François Jouve 18 May 05:07
    Layer bug (2.10) Partha Bagchi 18 May 09:14
     Layer bug (2.10) François Jouve 18 May 16:20
François Jouve
2018-05-17 16:21:40 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Layer bug (2.10)

Hi,

I found a bug quite critical and very easy to reproduce : Open an image
New layer (transparent)
fill bucket -> fill the new layer
merge down

-> crash of the program if the blending mode takes certain values (not all). For example "overlay" makes it crash.

I use the mac OS version distributed on partha.com and I'd be interested if somebody else has the same problem on other platforms.

F.J.
Ofnuts
2018-05-17 21:18:19 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Layer bug (2.10)

On 05/17/18 18:21, Franois Jouve wrote:

Hi,

New layer (transparent)
merge down

-> crash of the program if the blending mode takes certain values (not all). For example "overlay" makes it crash.

I use the mac OS version distributed on partha.com and I'd be interested if somebody else has the same problem on other platforms.

No such problem in my 2.10... Tried in both 8-bit gamma and 32-bit float linear... Size of image? Mode/precision? OS? Specific build?

François Jouve
2018-05-18 05:07:17 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Layer bug (2.10)

Le 17/05/2018 23:18, Ofnuts a crit:

On 05/17/18 18:21, Franois Jouve wrote:

Hi,

New layer (transparent)
merge down

No such problem in my 2.10... Tried in both 8-bit gamma and 32-bit float linear... Size of image? Mode/precision? OS? Specific build?

Size of image: any
mode: 8 bits
OS/build: already given in my initial post (MacOS/partha.com), but your OS is not mentionned...

F.J.
Partha Bagchi
2018-05-18 09:14:57 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Layer bug (2.10)

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 1:07 AM François Jouve < jouve@ljll.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:

Le 17/05/2018 à 23:18, Ofnuts a écrit :

On 05/17/18 18:21, François Jouve wrote:

Hi,

New layer (transparent)
merge down

OS/build: already given in my initial post (MacOS/partha.com), but your OS is not mentionned...

François,

Go into your Preferences and change the number of threads to 1. Older MacOS are not able to handle the number of threads > 1. If you upgrade to High Sierra then you can change it back to 4 or 8 or whatever the default is.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Allez dans vos préférences et changez le nombre de threads à 1. Les anciens MacOS ne sont pas capables de gérer le nombre de threads> 1. Si vous passez à High Sierra, vous pouvez le remettre à 4 ou 8 ou à n'importe quelle valeur par défaut.

Faites-moi savoir si vous avez encore des problèmes.

Thanks, Partha

François Jouve
2018-05-18 16:20:02 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Layer bug (2.10)

Le 18/05/2018 à 11:14, Partha Bagchi a écrit :

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 1:07 AM François Jouve > wrote:

Le 17/05/2018 à 23:18, Ofnuts a écrit : > On 05/17/18 18:21, François Jouve wrote: >> Hi,
>>
>> I found a bug quite critical and very easy to reproduce : >> Open an image
>> New layer (transparent)
>> fill bucket -> fill the new layer >> merge down
>>
>> -> crash of the program if the blending mode takes certain values (not
>> all). For example "overlay" makes it crash. >>
>> I use the mac OS version distributed on partha.com and I'd be
>> interested if somebody else has the same problem on other platforms. >>
>>
> No such problem in my 2.10... Tried in both 8-bit gamma and 32-bit float
> linear... Size of image? Mode/precision? OS? Specific build? >

OS/build: already given in my initial post (MacOS/partha.com ), but your
OS is not mentionned...

François,

Go into your Preferences and change the number of threads to 1. Older MacOS are not able to handle the number of threads > 1. If you upgrade to High Sierra then you can change it back to 4 or 8 or whatever the default is.

Hi Partha.
My macbook pro is recent (< 6 months) and I use the very last OS (High Sierra 10.13.4), but nevertheless it works with 1 thread. I have tried 2 and 4 threads (the default), with or without OpenCL, and it crashes.

Thanks for all (especially your builds). Maybe it is a bug to address with high priority. 2.8 was ok in multithread.

F.J.