RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

"Three Exposures" plugin updated

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

"Three Exposures" plugin updated Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list 07 May 22:27
Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list
2018-05-07 22:27:04 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

"Three Exposures" plugin updated

In the absence of any public registry where I can upload a plugin, this is an announcement that my (perhaps infamous) 'Three Exposures' plugin has been updated to work with 2.10 [ a function acquired extra parameters after 2.9.6 ].

The 2.10 version can be found via the link at the bottom of http://www.zarniwhoop.uk/three-exposures.html : the rest of that page goes into far more detail than most people will care about, listing what has until now been my normal workflow.

It also links to the patch I am using for nufraw.

Summary of why I wrote this: I'm interested in trains and in particular I want to see detail in the dark areas - it also in my opinion helps with other contrasty pictures. For some people, a drawback will be that colours can become less true (that is, assuming that they were correct in the first place). I use it to merge three versions of the same raw exposure - "correct" exposure, one for the shadow detail (perhaps +2 or even +3 EV), another for the highlights (a similar underexposure).

Not a professional approach, but works for me - others are free to regard me as a heretic ;)

ĸen

This email was written using 100% recycled letters.