RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

color issue when exporting TIFF 32b

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

color issue when exporting TIFF 32b Galadash 04 May 10:13
  color issue when exporting TIFF 32b rich404 04 May 11:55
   color issue when exporting TIFF 32b Galadash 04 May 12:19
2018-05-04 10:13:06 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Hi, I just upgraded to the latest GIMP (2.10.0) and I am very happy with the update, however I have an issue that I can't seem to resolve:

When I am exporting my file to TIFF format, from my 32-bit precision GIMP file the color information seems to be corrupt (or goes back to 4-bit precision), as can be seen in the comparison screenshot attached. - Whenever I export to tiff from a 8-bit GIMP file (same as in the previous GIMP version) everything seems fine. - Whenever I export to jpg, png or pdf from my 32-bit file, everything is fine.

I have tried to reproduce my findings (successfully) with the MWE in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Av0LBrVf7NBKnu9odO2DO68v5VL7zt_M

All help is welcome!

rich404
2018-05-04 11:55:34 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Hi, I just upgraded to the latest GIMP (2.10.0) and I am very happy with the update, however I have an issue that I can't seem to resolve:

When I am exporting my file to TIFF format, from my 32-bit precision GIMP file the color information seems to be corrupt (or goes back to 4-bit precision), as can be seen in the comparison screenshot attached.
- Whenever I export to tiff from a 8-bit GIMP file (same as in the previous GIMP version) everything seems fine. - Whenever I export to jpg, png or pdf from my 32-bit file, everything is fine.

I have tried to reproduce my findings (successfully) with the MWE in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Av0LBrVf7NBKnu9odO2DO68v5VL7zt_M

All help is welcome!

Could be Gimp, could be the Image Viewer.

I use linux so can not comment on the Windows Viewer but two different linux viewers and the four different compression modes that support 32 bit.

ImageMagick works on all four - nView scrambles the lzw compressed tiff.

2018-05-04 12:19:27 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Could be Gimp, could be the Image Viewer.

I use linux so can not comment on the Windows Viewer but two different linux viewers and the four different compression modes that support 32 bit.

ImageMagick works on all four - nView scrambles the lzw compressed tiff.

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed when using ImageMagick Display, I can actually see everything. Now I hope that the concerning file can be printed correctly. I'll make an 8-bit backup file to be sure.