RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mac OS

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mac OS François Jouve 03 May 16:19
  Mac OS François Jouve 07 May 06:41
   Mac OS Øyvind Kolås 07 May 09:40
François Jouve
2018-05-03 16:19:12 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Mac OS

Hi everybody,

almost one week that gimp 2.10 is out and still no Mac OS package on gimp.org. Is there any problem ?
Third party users are already distributing a mac version, so it seems doable (but I prefer using the official version).

Any information on the release of the official MacOS version would be useful to many of us I think.

F.J.
François Jouve
2018-05-07 06:41:42 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Mac OS

Le 03/05/2018 à 18:19, François Jouve a écrit :

Hi everybody,

almost one week that gimp 2.10 is out and still no Mac OS package on gimp.org. Is there any problem ?
Third party users are already distributing a mac version, so it seems doable (but I prefer using the official version).

Any information on the release of the official MacOS version would be useful to many of us I think.

Well, I guess there is no Mac users around there... And no admin with any opinion or information about that ?

The download page says "Please check back later" and that's what I do, but I would have prefered something like "Please come back on 2018/MM/DD" and it will be there. Or even "Please come back on 2019/MM/DD" if it is so difficult to build :)

F.J.
Øyvind Kolås
2018-05-07 09:40:37 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Mac OS

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 8:41 AM, François Jouve wrote:

Le 03/05/2018 à 18:19, François Jouve a écrit :

Well, I guess there is no Mac users around there... And no admin with any opinion or information about that ?

The download page says "Please check back later" and that's what I do, but I would have prefered something like "Please come back on 2018/MM/DD" and it will be there. Or even "Please come back on 2019/MM/DD" if it is so difficult to build :)

There is few, windows users/developers as well as mac users/developers of GIMP. Most actual development and testing of GIMP by developers happens on Linux and this is the platform with the least amount of surprises, traditionally the GIMP project only used to release source code tarballs and it was up to operators of the software, or their own platform/distributions packagers to provide binary builds. A couple of volunteers with limited time; but expertise in building and debugging GTK and related applications on windows and macos are now providing binaries - when they find time. There is no company, corporation or management behind GIMP - and official binaries will appear when volunteers with diminishing spare time find the time to build, test and provide them - possible even 2.10.2 with a few extra fixes rather than straight up 2.10.0 now that it has been more than a week.

With kind regards, pippin maintainer of GEGL