RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP for Windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP for Windows Josh Nay 18 Mar 17:51
Josh Nay
2018-03-18 17:51:27 UTC (about 6 years ago)

GIMP for Windows

HI all,

I'm a Windows 10 S user. I would like to see GIMP in the Microsoft Store so that we can use it instead of Photoshop and other apps already in the store. Since GIMP now allows for one-screen use and can be converted using the various bridges, I don't know if this would be a huge undertaking.

It would also help take some of the pressure (however large or small it is) off of the GIMP.org servers when using direct download, since all updates and downloads would be managed through the Microsoft Store. In addition, it will ensure that computer registries are not tampered with, keeping the computer fast.

I hope we'll be able to use GIMP from the Microsoft Store soon. As a user and contributor for GiMP for over ten years, it's one of those apps I really want to see.

Thank you for your time.