RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool GerryPeters 31 Mar 18:20
  Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool rich404 31 Mar 19:03
   Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool GerryPeters 31 Mar 21:10
    Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool rich404 01 Apr 07:47
   Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool Richard 15 Apr 01:19
2018-03-31 18:20:49 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

Is there a Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool? When working with the Text tool at times I want to hit a keyboard shortcut to change tools and then that gets inputted as text in the text box that is open. Is moving the mouse to another tool and selecting it the only way around this?

rich404
2018-03-31 19:03:03 UTC (about 6 years ago)

Is there a Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool? When working with the Text tool at times I want to hit a keyboard shortcut to change tools and then that gets inputted as text in the text box that is open. Is moving the mouse to another tool and selecting it the only way around this?

As far as I know there is no 'exit-text-tool' shortcut.

What you can do is set a shortcut yourself, starting with ctrl or alt. Decide which tool you most often go to after text.

Example: as easy-to-remember, replace p with ctrl-p for the paint tool.

I am sure you already know the procedure but for the record

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-shortcuts.html

2018-03-31 21:10:32 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

What you can do is set a shortcut yourself, starting with ctrl or alt. Decide which tool you most often go to after text.

Example: as easy-to-remember, replace p with ctrl-p for the paint tool.

I am sure you already know the procedure but for the record

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-shortcuts.html

Thanks so much Rich. I think the biggest part is me getting used to GIMP and stopping myself while using the text tool to be very careful about hitting shortcut keys like Z for zoom and find that I have a Z in my text. In fact I should simply use the mouse to hit the zoom tool or I can program a shortcut like you suggested if it keeps coming up, Have a great Easter!

rich404
2018-04-01 07:47:08 UTC (about 6 years ago)

Thanks so much Rich. I think the biggest part is me getting used to GIMP and stopping myself while using the text tool to be very careful about hitting shortcut keys like Z for zoom and find that I have a Z in my text. In fact I should simply use the mouse to hit the zoom tool or I can program a shortcut like you suggested if it keeps coming up, Have a great Easter!

Zoom in/out with the text tool active.

Same as anything else.

Use ctrl-(mouse scroll wheel).

Richard
2018-04-15 01:19:16 UTC (about 6 years ago)

From: gimp-user-list on behalf of rich404 Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2018 12:03 PM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Cc: notifications@gimpusers.com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool

Esc seems to work....

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.