RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

What Do I Do With RPG's?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

What Do I Do With RPG's? SamNy 24 Mar 23:01
  What Do I Do With RPG's? Ofnuts 09 Apr 20:49
2018-03-24 23:01:31 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

What Do I Do With RPG's?

How do I use Gimp files after edits? I've been doing everything with jpg's. Nothing outside of Gimp seems to recognize these files. Is there a way to convert them back into jpg's or something? I'm trying to make large prints to sell.

Also how do I brighten specific areas of a photo? I want to brighten just the eyes of an image.

Thanks!

Ofnuts
2018-04-09 20:49:55 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

What Do I Do With RPG's?

On 03/25/18 00:01, SamNy wrote:

How do I use Gimp files after edits? I've been doing everything with jpg's. Nothing outside of Gimp seems to recognize these files. Is there a way to convert them back into jpg's or something? I'm trying to make large prints to sell.

Also how do I brighten specific areas of a photo? I want to brighten just the eyes of an image.

Thanks!

The purpose of these files is to save your work, and not only the image. The XCF is the equivalent of a .DOC when the JPG is the PDF. When you start doing non-trivial edits, (using layers, selections, paths....) these things are saved in the XCF. When you have an XCF, you can always use File>Export to produce a "publication format": JPEG, PNG, GIF...

To restrict change to a portion a the image, use a selection. See

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-painting.html#gimp-concepts-selection