RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Batch processing on an iMAC

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Batch processing on an iMAC GB13 18 Feb 02:30
  Batch processing on an iMAC rich404 18 Feb 09:31
   Batch processing on an iMAC GB13 18 Feb 15:08
    Batch processing on an iMAC rich404 18 Feb 15:19
2018-02-18 02:30:29 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

Hi:

I need to process upward of 700 pictures through GIMP with a simple workflow:

- Open a picture file - Export it as a JPG file

which enables these files to be uploaded in a custom database (programmed with Cold Fusion - not by me!) which only accepts the JPG format.

Can anybody give me some ideas or a script to do that?

GIMP is not scriptable with the MAC Script Editor, and it seems only some Unix-level commands using the Terminal app will work.

Thanks in advance, as this would save me a lot of hours doing this manually!

Gerard

rich404
2018-02-18 09:31:11 UTC (about 6 years ago)

Hi:

I need to process upward of 700 pictures through GIMP with a simple workflow:

- Open a picture file - Export it as a JPG file

which enables these files to be uploaded in a custom database (programmed with Cold Fusion - not by me!) which only accepts the JPG format.

Can anybody give me some ideas or a script to do that?

GIMP is not scriptable with the MAC Script Editor, and it seems only some Unix-level commands using the Terminal app will work.

Thanks in advance, as this would save me a lot of hours doing this manually!

Gerard

If I had to do this? Not Gimp, use ImageMagick. see https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php

Can be a simple as.

magick mogrify -format jpg *.png

will convert a folder full of png images to jpegs.

On the other hand, if you want to see each image before exporting, the attached rough-n-ready script exports to a 90 quality jpeg. You need to specify the destination but only once per session. Unzip, pop in your plugins folder (it is python) check that it is executable.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2018-02-18 15:08:50 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

If I had to do this? Not Gimp, use ImageMagick. see https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php

Can be a simple as.

magick mogrify -format jpg *.png

will convert a folder full of png images to jpegs.

On the other hand, if you want to see each image before exporting, the attached rough-n-ready script exports to a 90 quality jpeg. You need to specify the destination but only once per session. Unzip, pop in your plugins folder (it is python) check that it is executable.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thank you very much...
I may try your suggestion.

rich404
2018-02-18 15:19:59 UTC (about 6 years ago)

Thank you very much...
I may try your suggestion.

I still advise ImageMagick for 700 files however as a demo two scripts *****.scm which go in your Gimp profile scripts folder (no need to make these executable)

sg-sequential-edit.scm and quick-export-jpeg.scm zipped them both up and attached.

A quick video demo of these in use with keyboard shortcuts which reduces open-export-close to two key presses.

https://youtu.be/VACp2KevY1A