RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Saving path not working?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Saving path not working? Maisie 16 Dec 05:13
  Saving path not working? rich404 16 Dec 09:10
   Saving path not working? Maisie 17 Dec 02:14
2017-12-16 05:13:05 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Saving path not working?

I'm trying to save a path, but the ones I have saved so far are saving as files only and won't reopen as scalable svgs'. Am I supposed to add the extension .svg to them when I save them?

rich404
2017-12-16 09:10:31 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Saving path not working?

I'm trying to save a path, but the ones I have saved so far are saving as files only and won't reopen as scalable svgs'. Am I supposed to add the extension .svg to them when I save them?

Yes, you do need to give the whole filename ie. file.svg (...and that is good practice for all files that are exported..add the appropriate suffix: jpg, tif, etc)

Just checking. You are using the paths dialogue menu? as screenshot 1

Opening is similar, use the paths dialogue screenshot 2

but, often a but,

Do not rely on it being on the canvas. The path will position itself in the same location as the original image. That might be off the canvas. screenshot 3

Move it with the move tool. Make sure the mode of the move tool is correct, third icon along in the tool options.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-12-17 02:14:51 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Saving path not working?

Yes, you do need to give the whole filename ie. file.svg (...and that is good practice for all files that are exported..add the appropriate suffix: jpg, tif, etc)

Just checking. You are using the paths dialogue menu? as screenshot 1

Opening is similar, use the paths dialogue screenshot 2

but, often a but,

Do not rely on it being on the canvas. The path will position itself in the same location as the original image. That might be off the canvas. screenshot 3

Move it with the move tool. Make sure the mode of the move tool is correct, third icon along in the tool options.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thank you :)