RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Page Setup

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Page Setup NicPic 16 Nov 12:23
  Page Setup Steve Kinney 20 Nov 19:05
2017-11-16 12:23:53 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Page Setup

I want to print an image 277mm long on an A4 sheet. At that length it has to be in Landscape orientation, otherwise it won't accept me subsequently specifying a printed image length of 277mm under File > Print. Many times I've sorted this by File > Page Setup > check "Landscape", (prior to File > Print > choosing settings). Now all of a sudden, if I check "Landscape" in Page Setup and hit OK, the dialog box disappears, but if I then go back into it it's put the check button back to "Portrait" (and it does this for other settings experimentally changed inside the same box). Is there some obscure setting hiding elsewhere in GIMP that explains this? Can anyone help, it's totally baffling. BTW yes I've uninstalled GIMP 2.8 and reinstalled it, clearled Browsing History / Cookies, Restarted PC etc. Windows 7 Ultimate if that's relevant.

Steve Kinney
2017-11-20 19:05:02 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Page Setup

On 11/16/2017 07:23 AM, NicPic wrote:

I want to print an image 277mm long on an A4 sheet. At that length it has to be in Landscape orientation, otherwise it won't accept me subsequently specifying a printed image length of 277mm under File > Print. Many times I've sorted this by File > Page Setup > check "Landscape", (prior to File > Print > choosing settings). Now all of a sudden, if I check "Landscape" in Page Setup and hit OK, the dialog box disappears, but if I then go back into it it's put the check button back to "Portrait" (and it does this for other settings experimentally changed inside the same box). Is there some obscure setting hiding elsewhere in GIMP that explains this? Can anyone help, it's totally baffling. BTW yes I've uninstalled GIMP 2.8 and reinstalled it, clearled Browsing History / Cookies, Restarted PC etc. Windows 7 Ultimate if that's relevant.

When reinstalling a program on Windows 7 to get rid of a configuration error or a glitch in a configuration file, first "uninstall" the program, then find the folder where the program stores its data and delete that folder before reinstalling the program.

http://www.blogtechnika.com/what-is-application-data-folder-in-windows-7/

(or) https://tinyurl.com/lqgtgyn

I'm not sure that will help in your present situation, but if the problem is an error of some kind in a GIMP configuration file, deleting the folder the config files live in before reinstalling should fix it.