RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Lensfun with Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Lensfun with Gimp steveedmonds 15 Nov 23:55
  Lensfun with Gimp rich404 16 Nov 09:00
   Lensfun with Gimp steveedmonds 16 Nov 19:52
  Lensfun with Gimp Carol Spears 17 Nov 19:59
   Lensfun with Gimp steveedmonds 17 Nov 22:00
2017-11-15 23:55:41 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Lensfun with Gimp

I have Lensfun installed and working well with Huggin. If I want to use the Lensfun database in Gimp, do I just need the plugin, i.e. the plugin will find the installed Lensfun and not install a new database.

As I haven't easily found the plugin for Opensuse Leap 42.3, I am assuming my best option is to build it from Github TIA

rich404
2017-11-16 09:00:08 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Lensfun with Gimp

I have Lensfun installed and working well with Huggin. If I want to use the Lensfun database in Gimp, do I just need the plugin, i.e. the plugin will find the installed Lensfun and not install a new database.

As I haven't easily found the plugin for Opensuse Leap 42.3, I am assuming my best option is to build it from Github TIA

AFAIK the only use for lensfun with Gimp is when you need to import a digital-camera RAW image with a plugin.

OpenSuse 42.3 looks like still using Gimp 2.8.18 The only plugin I can think of will be ufRAW, probably in the Opensuse repo to install. It is old, there is a updated version nufraw which you will probably have to compile yourself. The screenshot show that opening an image and the lens adjustments.

For applications that use lensfun, it will already be there as a hugin dependency. Look for /usr/lib/liblensfun.so.0 or similar.

If you just want to apply a lens correction to an image there are Gimp filters, look in Filters -> Distorts and 'Apply Lens' or 'Lens Distortion'

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-11-16 19:52:24 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Lensfun with Gimp

AFAIK the only use for lensfun with Gimp is when you need to import a digital-camera RAW image with a plugin.

OpenSuse 42.3 looks like still using Gimp 2.8.18 The only plugin I can think of will be ufRAW, probably in the Opensuse repo to install. It is old, there is a updated version nufraw which you will probably have to compile yourself. The screenshot show that opening an image and the lens adjustments.

For applications that use lensfun, it will already be there as a hugin dependency. Look for /usr/lib/liblensfun.so.0 or similar.

If you just want to apply a lens correction to an image there are Gimp filters, look in Filters -> Distorts and 'Apply Lens' or 'Lens Distortion'

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thanks, I have been using Distorts>Lens Distortion but thought it would be nice to pull the lens settings from a database rather than enter each time (or have the filter use the EXIF data to find the lens and relevant data in the database). I am also straightening JPEGs and not importing RAW. May be I should just batch process all the JPEGs taken with the same lens before importing into Gimp. Steve

Carol Spears
2017-11-17 19:59:33 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Lensfun with Gimp

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:55 PM, steveedmonds wrote:

I have Lensfun installed and working well with Huggin. If I want to use the Lensfun database in Gimp, do I just need the plugin, i.e.
the plugin will find the installed Lensfun and not install a new database.

As I haven't easily found the plugin for Opensuse Leap 42.3, I am assuming my
best option is to build it from Github

Here is the link to the gimp plug-in, maybe that will help!

https://seebk.github.io/GIMP-Lensfun/

carol

2017-11-17 22:00:14 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Lensfun with Gimp

Here is the link to the gimp plug-in, maybe that will help!

https://seebk.github.io/GIMP-Lensfun/

carol

Thanks, very simple build and works a charm. Detects my lens correctly and saves a bit of time. Steve