RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Channel Mixer Settings

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Channel Mixer Settings Roundball 14 Nov 03:17
  Channel Mixer Settings rich404 14 Nov 08:58
   Channel Mixer Settings Roundball 14 Nov 13:53
    Channel Mixer Settings Roundball 14 Nov 14:09
2017-11-14 03:17:57 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Channel Mixer Settings

After saving various experimental Red / Green / Blue channel mixer settings...( into a file area entitled 'Load Channel Mixer Settings' )...I've found I no longer need / want some of the saved settings I experimented with.

I'f like to delete some of them to clean up the list in the 'Load Channel Mixer Settings' file...but can't find any way to edit that list...can't find any way to delete adds that I'd made.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it...Thanks.

rich404
2017-11-14 08:58:20 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Channel Mixer Settings

After saving various experimental Red / Green / Blue channel mixer settings...( into a file area entitled 'Load Channel Mixer Settings' )...I've found I no longer need / want some of the saved settings I experimented with.

I'f like to delete some of them to clean up the list in the 'Load Channel Mixer Settings' file...but can't find any way to edit that list...can't find any way to delete adds that I'd made.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it...Thanks.

This is Colours -> Components -> Channel Mixer? in linux and Gimp 2.8.22 it works as expected.

After the adjustments, click save, the default location here is the Gimp profile, give it the file a name, click OK

an example https://i.imgur.com/KWn3Jsl.jpg

That is your first place to look. Then did you create a folder 'Load Channel Mixer Settings' for the files? Only you know where that is.

Open and browse for that folder (if it exists). If you used it before, you know where that is. The saved settings are text files

example https://i.imgur.com/6uhSkhQ.jpg

Delete the files in the folder 'Save Channel Mixer Settings' or wherever the files are.

Always a good idea to give Operating System and version of Gimp in a question. Guessing you are using Windows.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-11-14 13:53:50 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Channel Mixer Settings

This is Colours -> Components -> Channel Mixer? in linux and Gimp 2.8.22 it works as expected.

After the adjustments, click save, the default location here is the Gimp profile, give it the file a name, click OK

an example https://i.imgur.com/KWn3Jsl.jpg

That is your first place to look. Then did you create a folder 'Load Channel Mixer Settings' for the files? Only you know where that is.

Open and browse for that folder (if it exists). If you used it before, you know where that is. The saved settings are text files

example https://i.imgur.com/6uhSkhQ.jpg

Delete the files in the folder 'Save Channel Mixer Settings' or wherever the files are.

Always a good idea to give Operating System and version of Gimp in a question. Guessing you are using Windows.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-11-14 14:09:48 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Channel Mixer Settings

Thanks for the reply...Win10 Pro, Gimp 2.8.22...all software always kept up to date, etc.

The File named "LOAD CHANNEL MIXER SETTINGS" is an existing location in GIMP, which appears as the place where user saved 'Channel Mixer Settings' go. It provides a place to create a folder which I did, into which I began saving the occasional channel mixer settings I wanted to experiment with.

Problem was when I discovered I no longer wanted to keep some of them I couldn't find any way in GIMP to delete various settings I'd added in the folder. Gimp provides for the deletion of the ENTIRE folder but of course I didn't want to do that..

However, reading your reply mentioning it would always be good to include the type OS someone is using, etc, made me think about doing a search for the folder I created in my OS, found it, and was able to edit / delete various entries out of it that way. Kind of like running around all the bases just to get to the pitcher's mound, but at least it works.

Seems odd the simple delete capability isn't in the GIMP application itself...unless it is and I have yet to find it.

At any rate, thanks again for your reply...bottom line it got me thinking about a way to serve as a work-around.