RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Background Help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Background Help Derek_B 04 Nov 17:58
  Background Help rich404 04 Nov 18:20
  Background Help Rick Strong 06 Nov 03:40
2017-11-04 17:58:14 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Background Help

Hi, Newbie here and awaiting a book to help. However I have a quickie project. I have created a word doc, blue text and converted to a pdf. I have opened the pdf and want to make the background white like a sheet of paper with the blue text on it. Is there an easy way to do this. I have literally downloaded the program and not started yet. I want to get my image printed on a blue T shirt for my kids for xmas. So it would be a blue T shirt with a white page on the front with blue writing on it.

Any help apprciated. Many Thanks in advance.

rich404
2017-11-04 18:20:23 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Background Help

Hi, Newbie here and awaiting a book to help. However I have a quickie project. I have created a word doc, blue text and converted to a pdf. I have opened the pdf and want to make the background white like a sheet of paper with the blue text on it. Is there an easy way to do this. I have literally downloaded the program and not started yet. I want to get my image printed on a blue T shirt for my kids for xmas. So it would be a blue T shirt with a white page on the front with blue writing on it.

The only advice you really need is changing the pixels-per-inch (ppi) setting when opening the PDF in Gimp.

File -> Open and select the PDF file. You get a dialog as the screenshot. Change the resolution from 100 ppi (Gimp default value) to 300 ppi (suitable for printing)

One thing to note. The PDF will be rasterized and text converted to an image. Otherwise the image will look exactly the same as the PDF and print the same as the original doc paper size.

Rick Strong
2017-11-06 03:40:29 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Background Help

Maybe I missed something. If the Word doc had blue type on white paper to begin with, why doesn't the resulting PDF have white paper as its background? And if the original Word doc had blue text on a coloured background, would it not be easier to copy the text, open a new Word doc with white background and copy the text on to it, then make a new PDF (or whatever file is needed) to print your file on a T shirt?

Or simply copy your blue text (or make the text blue), put it on a white page in GIMP and export to a jpeg (or whatever file is needed) to print your file?

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Derek_B
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:58 PM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Cc: notifications@gimpusers.com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Background Help

Hi, Newbie here and awaiting a book to help. However I have a quickie project. I
have created a word doc, blue text and converted to a pdf. I have opened the pdf
and want to make the background white like a sheet of paper with the blue text
on it. Is there an easy way to do this. I have literally downloaded the program
and not started yet. I want to get my image printed on a blue T shirt for my kids for xmas. So it would be a blue T shirt with a white page on the front with
blue writing on it.

Derek_B (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)