RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

new download Microscopic icons

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

new download Microscopic icons JanetGB 25 Oct 05:00
  new download Microscopic icons rich404 25 Oct 07:39
   new download Microscopic icons JanetGB 25 Oct 21:22
    new download Microscopic icons JanetGB 25 Oct 22:55
     new download Microscopic icons rich404 26 Oct 07:57
      new download Microscopic icons JanetGB 26 Oct 13:36
       new download Microscopic icons JanetGB 26 Oct 14:35
2017-10-25 05:00:49 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

I was able to download and open GIMP successfully with Torrent RT Free plus, but the tool bar and layering window icons are too small to use. I'll try to attach a screenshot. I don't find a way to change the display. Ideas? I'm using a 13.3" screen. Thanks.

rich404
2017-10-25 07:39:25 UTC (over 6 years ago)

I was able to download and open GIMP successfully with Torrent RT Free plus, but the tool bar and layering window icons are too small to use. I'll try to attach a screenshot. I don't find a way to change the display. Ideas? I'm using a 13.3" screen. Thanks.

HD display

You can get a larger (48x48) set of icons here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2-8-Large-size-Icons-Themes

They are archived as 7zip (.7z) files rather than zipped but when unpacked pop that folder in your Gimp profile Themes folder. Then select in Edit -> Preferences -> Theme.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-10-25 21:22:47 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

HD display

You can get a larger (48x48) set of icons here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2-8-Large-size-Icons-Themes

They are archived as 7zip (.7z) files rather than zipped but when unpacked pop that folder in your Gimp profile Themes folder. Then select in Edit -> Preferences -> Theme.

Thank you, that has hopefully gotten me closer. I believe I have the files into themes at this point, but selecting either of the new files (colors and symbols?) doesn't change the display. I have closed and restarted the program. I must be missing something. I'm rusty on the computer, using my ipad for the last few years, but I have a new project and a new Windows 10 laptop. You may roll your eyes now. :-) Any ideas for the missing or next step? attaching screenshot of where I'm at...

2017-10-25 22:55:45 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Thank you, that has hopefully gotten me closer. I believe I have the files into themes at this point, but selecting either of the new files (colors and symbols?) doesn't change the display. I have closed and restarted the program. I must be missing something. I'm rusty on the computer, using my ipad for the last few years, but I have a new project and a new Windows 10 laptop. You may roll your eyes now. :-) Any ideas for the missing or next step? attaching screenshot of where I'm at...

I've tried again to re-download the color 48 file and have a copy without that extra (2) on the folder, but still no luck. download, save, move, select, restart system. Same results. No change.

rich404
2017-10-26 07:57:54 UTC (over 6 years ago)

I've tried again to re-download the color 48 file and have a copy without that extra (2) on the folder, but still no luck. download, save, move, select, restart system. Same results. No change.

It does work, if you read through the gimp-forum.net thread one issue was unpacking the 7z file in Windows resulting in a double folder

...themes\Color-48\Color-48\..files..

rather than the correct...

...themes\Color-48\...files

check that first. I normally use linux, but in a Win10 VM screenshot shows the folder structure.

2017-10-26 13:36:39 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

It does work, if you read through the gimp-forum.net thread one issue was unpacking the 7z file in Windows resulting in a double folder

...themes\Color-48\Color-48\..files..

rather than the correct...

...themes\Color-48\...files

check that first. I normally use linux, but in a Win10 VM screenshot shows the folder structure.

I’ve read through the thread a couple of times and saw that. I couldn’t find the extra folder listed, but I don’t know how to find it. But knowing it’s there, I’ll keep working on it. Thanks.

2017-10-26 14:35:01 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

I’ve read through the thread a couple of times and saw that. I couldn’t find the extra folder listed, but I don’t know how to find it. But knowing it’s there, I’ll keep working on it. Thanks.

Okay, I got it. Thanks again!