RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Crash after Rotate

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Crash after Rotate Wiel Aerts 25 Sep 14:21
  Crash after Rotate Partha Bagchi 25 Sep 15:09
Wiel Aerts
2017-09-25 14:21:15 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Crash after Rotate

Hello All,

I'm using GIMP 2.9.7, an unstable development release commit 6dfe04e9283f8435979758ac7a1519481bc73694.

I'm not shure this is the right place to tell about a new problem (at least for me the last couple of weeks).

I load some picture (jpeg, tiff doesn't matter), from the toolbox choose "rotate", rotate some degrees (corrective). If rotation is complete start "Curves". Then GIMP immediately crashes.

The last sentence from stderr/stdout was:

gimp_color_transform_new: using babl for 'linear TRC variant generated by GIMP' -> 'GIMP built-in sRGB'
using gegl copy
gimp: fatal error: Segmentation fault gimp (pid:5664): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack trace or [P]roceed:

When I immediately after rotate the file save (xcf file), that after opening apply "Curves" it also crashes.

Hope I could help (you developers are doing great job).

Greetings, Wiel

Partha Bagchi
2017-09-25 15:09:36 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Crash after Rotate

You should submit this to the developer list or file a bug report.

There was a recent bugrepot like this for the Mac. It was fixed by Ell in the master branch.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Wiel Aerts wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using GIMP 2.9.7, an unstable development release commit 6dfe04e9283f8435979758ac7a1519481bc73694.

I'm not shure this is the right place to tell about a new problem (at least for me the last couple of weeks).

I load some picture (jpeg, tiff doesn't matter), from the toolbox choose "rotate", rotate some degrees (corrective). If rotation is complete start "Curves". Then GIMP immediately crashes.

The last sentence from stderr/stdout was:

gimp_color_transform_new: using babl for 'linear TRC variant generated by GIMP' -> 'GIMP built-in sRGB'
using gegl copy
gimp: fatal error: Segmentation fault gimp (pid:5664): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack trace or [P]roceed:

When I immediately after rotate the file save (xcf file), that after opening apply "Curves" it also crashes.

Hope I could help (you developers are doing great job).

Greetings, Wiel

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list