RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Can't edit the brush

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Can't edit the brush Stewartthehuman 24 Sep 17:11
  Can't edit the brush rich404 25 Sep 10:46
2017-09-24 17:11:18 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Can't edit the brush

From what I understand there's a button I can use to edit the brush, but unfortunately it's hidden under the desktop ribbon. I can't drag the window up because it just goes down again.

rich404
2017-09-25 10:46:33 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Can't edit the brush

From what I understand there's a button I can use to edit the brush, but unfortunately it's hidden under the desktop ribbon. I can't drag the window up because it just goes down again.

Is that Windows and a notebook, sometimes short on vertical screen-space. However you should be able to fit a regular Gimp in.

A set of videos on installation. https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-Installation Sometime have a look at the second one.

However, the immediate problem, Two solutions

1. Click the little left pointing arrow in the Brushes dock, choose edit brush. see screenshot

2. Click the little left pointing arrow in the Brushes dock, detach the tab to get to the edit icon. see screenshot

but...the only types of brush that can be edited are 'parametric' something.vbr brushes, and this became largely obsolete after Gimp 2.6 when brush controls - size, aspect ratio, angle - were added to the tool options.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net