RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Wacom and GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Wacom and GIMP Elise Knuuti 20 Aug 09:20
  Wacom and GIMP Richard 30 Aug 17:04
Elise Knuuti
2017-08-20 09:20:09 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Wacom and GIMP

Hi. I have a Wacom Intuos4 and GIMP. The colors don't blend. I try to take a color and blend it with another but they just lie against eachother like they can't blend.

Richard
2017-08-30 17:04:11 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Wacom and GIMP

We ... kind of need a lot more information about exactly what you were doing and *how* before we can figure out what exactly was happening here.

So let's start by covering some bases:

1 - What tool were you using and what were its settings? Nominally it should be "Normal" blending mode and some Dynamics preset other than "Dynamics Off" (as that would dismiss the entire problem as just user error)

2 - Did GIMP actually detect the tablet upon startup? (very well-known bug) The fastest way to check is to alternate between the pen and eraser tips -- GIMP should swap to a different tool depending on which end is in range. Otherwise, go to the Edit menu and check "Extended Input Devices", which should show the Wacom tablet in its list. If it doesn't, then GIMP failed to notice the tablet at all, and is only just reading it like the mouse pointer (meaning no pressure sensitivity or tilt control, though other Dynamics options may still work) and you should restart GIMP before continuing.

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 2:20:09 AM
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: [Gimp-user] Wacom and GIMP

Hi. I have a Wacom Intuos4 and GIMP. The colors don't blend. I try to take
a color and blend it with another but they just lie against eachother like
they can't blend.