RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help with enhancing a profile picture

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help with enhancing a profile picture chrisj 17 Aug 18:57
  Help with enhancing a profile picture Steve Kinney 17 Aug 20:44
  Help with enhancing a profile picture rich2005 18 Aug 07:15
2017-08-17 18:57:56 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

I morphed a face image with another one, to get a unique face, because I didn't want my actual face to be the profile picture on the social website page.

But it doesn't look as clear as other pictures on the site.

Would anyone like to see if they can improve it for me?

In the world of tagging faces, I really don't want to attach it here for eternity.

Can I discuss this with someone in a PM?

Thanks

Steve Kinney
2017-08-17 20:44:33 UTC (over 6 years ago)

On 08/17/2017 02:57 PM, chrisj wrote:

I morphed a face image with another one, to get a unique face, because I didn't want my actual face to be the profile picture on the social website page.

In the world of tagging faces, I really don't want to attach it here for eternity.

Can I discuss this with someone in a PM?

Working blind here, but a few suggestions are possible.

Try the Unsharp Mask filter in the Filters > Enhance menu. It's easy to overdo, but if you play with the settings you might get something acceptable.

You might also want to try some of the filters in the G'MIC package, such as those under Filters > G'MIC > Details > Sharpen.

As always, Control+z is your friend: Back up and try again until you see something you like.

Just for fun, you might consider playing around with makeup or grease paint and using a "real" photo of yourself that automated facial recognition won't be likely to even recognize as a face.

https://cvdazzle.com/

rich2005
2017-08-18 07:15:07 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Considering your other posts were about using very small text, does this involve a tiny image?

What are the dimensions in pixels of the 'morphed' face area? If that was small and resized to fit into your 'profile' image, maybe that is the problem.

Same applies to your 'profile image' if it started off small and the resized up considerably , it will be fuzzy.