RSS/Atom feed identi.ca Twitter

Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working In Non-English Keyboard Layout

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

2017-08-12 10:14:10 UTC (7 days ago)
postings
contact

Hi!

The issue I'm having is that keyboard shortcuts stop working when I switch the keyboard layout from English to Russian.

GIMP 2.8.22 on Windows 10

2017-08-12 10:44:13 UTC (7 days ago)
postings
contact

Hi!

The issue I'm having is that keyboard shortcuts stop working when I switch the keyboard layout from English to Russian.

GIMP 2.8.22 on Windows 10

If someone on the mailing list reads your post, you will get a better answer than this.

I had to use linux and a Gimp 2.9.5 to get Russian but...

Have you tried assigning keyboard shortcuts using your setup? Try one and see if it works, otherwise, do not know.

2017-08-12 10:54:05 UTC (7 days ago)
postings
contact

Have you tried assigning keyboard shortcuts using your setup? Try one and see if it works, otherwise, do not know.

I've just tried editing the shortcuts, but the dialog box does not respond to pressing any buttons in Russian layout. When I switch back to English, I can reassign the shortcuts just fine, but in the Russian layout it just doesn't do anything.

2017-08-13 11:27:57 UTC (6 days ago)
postings
contact

All right, so I've solved the issue by installing a custom build of GIMP, as described in the "How to Make GIMP Look and Work like Photoshop" tutorial over at pcsteps[dot]com.

2017-08-13 15:58:05 UTC (5 days ago)
postings
contact

CORRECTION: nope, still not working. It works at first when I start the application, but after switching the layout a few times, it no longer does.

I also did get to reassigning the shortcuts to the Non-English layout, but that didn't help either.

2017-08-13 16:12:54 UTC (5 days ago)
postings
contact

Aaaaand it starts working again (without restarting the application). Glitchy, ya know...