RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mac Lettering Problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mac Lettering Problem BBJ SAM 31 Jul 10:24
  Mac Lettering Problem Ross Martinek 01 Aug 22:28
BBJ SAM
2017-07-31 10:24:17 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Mac Lettering Problem

Hello, I use Yosemite on my Mac Pro book and I have downloaded 3 versions of GIMP which all show me a font of incomprehensible letters. Do you have any idea of the problem?

Merci bien

Ross Martinek
2017-08-01 22:28:23 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Mac Lettering Problem

First, upgrade if at all possible. Yosemite is probably the worst OS 10 release. Latest version of El Capitan isn’t bad, and Sierra is almost a good OS—stable and predictable, at any rate.

Where did you DL Gimp? DL only from GIMP.org , English version. If that looks normal, the problem is not your OS, though see below.

As I don’t use the program in a non-English version on a non-English computer, I’m not sure how to diagnose the problem if your OS is running in French (from your sign-off, I’m assuming French. Apologies if I’m wrong.

Also, go to System Preferences, Language and Region, and see what is set there. Try setting the region temporarily to somewhere English speaking.

Ross

On Jul 31, 2017, at 5:24 AM, BBJ SAM wrote:

Hello, I use Yosemite on my Mac Pro book and I have downloaded 3 versions of GIMP which all show me a font of incomprehensible letters. Do you have any idea of the problem?

Merci bien _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list