RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Change Brush Size - Grayed out?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Change Brush Size - Grayed out? cme0848 28 Jul 18:30
  Change Brush Size - Grayed out? rich2005 28 Jul 19:22
2017-07-28 18:30:36 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

I'm trying to use the clone tool to make some touchups but can't figure out how to change the brush size. If I double click on the brush it opens the 'Brush Editor' and I get a dialog that shows options like Radius, Hardness, Aspect Ratio, etc. but all of these options are disabled/grayed out. Why?

Thanks! Craig

PS.
Yes, I've read this post about brush size in general but I don't really want to reprogram my mouse to adjust brush size. I like the default functionality.

http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/17876-changing-the-brush-sizes

• Gimp - Brush Editor
    gimp.png (74.4 KB)
rich2005
2017-07-28 19:22:49 UTC (over 6 years ago)

I'm trying to use the clone tool to make some touchups but can't figure out how to change the brush size. If I double click on the brush it opens the 'Brush Editor' and I get a dialog that shows options like Radius, Hardness, Aspect Ratio, etc. but all of these options are disabled/grayed out. Why?

The parametric brush editor is not the way to re-size a brush for use with the clone tool in Gimp 2.8.x It is a bit of a hang-over from Gimp 2.6.

For reference, the stock brushes are not-editable. Right click on the brush, make a copy and that copy is editable if needed .

Otherwise, using the clone tool and the small fuzzy brush,

1. Natural size of brush is 51 (25 radius)

2. Using the tool options, the size can be adjusted as required. You can also adjust the size without re-sampling.