RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Blues look purple?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Blues look purple? KoopaKrazy85 20 Jul 06:18
  Blues look purple? rich2005 20 Jul 08:49
   Blues look purple? KoopaKrazy85 20 Jul 09:07
2017-07-20 06:18:10 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Blues look purple?

For whatever reason, blues are coming out as purple-ish in GIMP. I tried drawing with a straight blue brush to test - 255 blue, no other values, and it's still purple. It's not a monitor issue, or I'd be seeing those blues elsewhere, but the colour selector is normally-coloured.

I tried the same with solid green and red, but neither of them seem affect by whatever's happening to the blue colours.

Has anyone run into this problem before? I do art commissions so this is kind of affecting my work.

rich2005
2017-07-20 08:49:20 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Blues look purple?

For whatever reason, blues are coming out as purple-ish in GIMP. I tried drawing with a straight blue brush to test - 255 blue, no other values, and it's still purple. It's not a monitor issue, or I'd be seeing those blues elsewhere, but the colour selector is normally-coloured.

I tried the same with solid green and red, but neither of them seem affect by whatever's happening to the blue colours.

Has anyone run into this problem before? I do art commissions so this is kind of affecting my work.

Strangely enough, you screenshot looks ok here.

However I can reproduce the effect. Have you checked Edit -> Preferences -> Color Management.

If it is on, try turning it off. Here the effect comes from the monitor profile.

Willing to bet, if you colour pick your 'purple' paint, it comes out RGB 0,0,255

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-07-20 09:07:37 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Blues look purple?

Strangely enough, you screenshot looks ok here.

However I can reproduce the effect. Have you checked Edit -> Preferences -> Color Management.

If it is on, try turning it off. Here the effect comes from the monitor profile.

Willing to bet, if you colour pick your 'purple' paint, it comes out RGB 0,0,255

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Friggin' awesome! Thanks very much, dunno how I'd managed that