RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP User's Manual generates an error

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP User's Manual generates an error trav 15 Jul 21:31
2017-07-15 21:31:34 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP User's Manual generates an error

Howdy,
I just installed GIMP 2.8.22 for macOS 10.12.5 (Sierra). GIMP appears to be working fine except when I select a Users Manual Help topic (which evidently is browser based??). The error that is returned is:

The requested URL /2.8/en_US/gimp-concepts-main-windows.html was not found on this server.

NOTE: this is generated when attempting to use the USER'S MANUAL that is listed in the Help drop-down, not the GIMP Online under the same Help drop-down.

I then piddled around on the internet looking for the manual and found the manual installer package and according to the procedure, the contents of the package were successfully installed. Alas, something in not working right, because after installation I still get the above error message.

The GIMP Online help does work fine.

That being said, I do not know if one of these help methods is better than the other seeing as they both, apparently, require the use of Safari. But I would like to see that both work when one selects a particular GIMP help path.