RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cant dock dialogs/change layers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cant dock dialogs/change layers Butterkopf 13 Jul 12:48
  Cant dock dialogs/change layers rich2005 14 Jul 06:55
   Cant dock dialogs/change layers Butterkopf 20 Jul 18:44
2017-07-13 12:48:43 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

I have a (i think) rather small problem with gimp. The programm itself works fine, but when i try to dock dialogs or change layers, it somehow doesn't show the blue "yes, this can be dragged here" tint where it normally would. Also, i cant change any layers around. I think, gimp doesnt recognize that im in the programm, so it doesn't show it... Any help is appreciated....

rich2005
2017-07-14 06:55:57 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

I have a (i think) rather small problem with gimp. The programm itself works fine, but when i try to dock dialogs or change layers, it somehow doesn't show the blue "yes, this can be dragged here" tint where it normally would. Also, i cant change any layers around. I think, gimp doesnt recognize that im in the programm, so it doesn't show it... Any help is appreciated....

No replies? Best if you give OS - Win 7 / 10 / or linux/OSX and version of Gimp.

I remember a similar problem reported recently but as ever not able to find it. In the past problems with Windows updates and Windows AV software sometimes blamed but I think, it is often your Gimp profile.

A more general starting point.

1. Rename your Gimp profile to disable, say (Windows) C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8-bak (linux) ~./gimp-2.8-bak

Start Gimp up and check for problems.

2. Do 1. and then install the latest version of Gimp from www.gimp.org

2017-07-20 18:44:39 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

No replies? Best if you give OS - Win 7 / 10 / or linux/OSX and version of Gimp.

I remember a similar problem reported recently but as ever not able to find it. In the past problems with Windows updates and Windows AV software sometimes blamed but I think, it is often your Gimp profile.

A more general starting point.

1. Rename your Gimp profile to disable, say (Windows) C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8-bak (linux) ~./gimp-2.8-bak

Start Gimp up and check for problems.

2. Do 1. and then install the latest version of Gimp from www.gimp.org

yes.... sorry about that, im using win10, gimp 2.8.22 , im not using such forums that often but yes, i renamed it, it made a new .gimp folder and now it works... dont know if this is supposed to happen, but yeah, it works so thank you very much ^^