RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New plugin for merging three raw exposures.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New plugin for merging three raw exposures. Ken Moffat 18 Jun 23:26
  Double mails from the list ? Ken Moffat 19 Jun 00:00
   Double mails from the list ? Casey Connor 19 Jun 00:16
   Double mails from the list ? Kevin Cozens 19 Jun 01:12
    Double mails from the list ? Michael Schumacher 19 Jun 21:07
     Double mails from the list ? Ken Moffat 19 Jun 23:07
Ken Moffat
2017-06-18 23:26:14 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

New plugin for merging three raw exposures.

After getting my Scheme plugin to work (add overexposed and underexposed versions of a raw image, to recover some shadow and highlight detail) and working out the detail of how I then recover from the reduced-contrast result (well duh!, G'MIC for Local contrast enhancement), and then fine-tuning my own process, I've concluded that it is "good enough".

It is called "Three Exposures" and sits in Filters -> Enhance.

Since the official plugin registry is no longer operational, I've put a page at http://www.zarniwhoop.uk/three-exposures.html with small examples of the result - each links to a series of less-small examples to show what I did (if only as a "don't do that, then" example for the good photographers out there). The download link is at hte bottom of hte page.

It works with ufraw and gimp-2.8: if people on windows or mac can convert their raw images to xcf (or uncompressed png) files then it should work for them too - but it's only tested on linux.

And as I note on the page, it does not work with 2.9.

ĸen

I live in a city. I know sparrows from starlings.  After that
everything is a duck as far as I'm concerned.  -- Monstrous Regiment
Ken Moffat
2017-06-19 00:00:01 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Double mails from the list ?

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:

Or rather, I wrote it at 00:26:14 +0100 on Monday. That post appeared on the list, followed by a second version with West-Coast American time.

I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently (I filter this list into a mailbox with a lot of other lists, and traffic from this list is mostly light). But then _I_ double-post and so does the next guy.

Anyone know what is going on ?

ĸen

Casey Connor
2017-06-19 00:16:59 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

I'm also seeing a lot of double posts. The headers between the duplicates are kind of mess; e.g. of the message you just sent, the first has the ntlworld DKIM signature, the second doesn't. The Received route indicate by the first seems to imply that a virginmedia.net server is re-injecting it? The second copy has a more logical Received chain, but no DKIM header.

I note also that the second copy has two gimp-user-list signatures at the end of the email body, implying accidental re-injection.

Sounds to me like a routing misconfiguration at gnome.org, which I guess was already obvious. :-)

-c

On 06/18/2017 05:00 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote:

Or rather, I wrote it at 00:26:14 +0100 on Monday. That post appeared on the list, followed by a second version with West-Coast American time.

I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently (I filter this list into a mailbox with a lot of other lists, and traffic from this list is mostly light). But then _I_ double-post and so does the next guy.

ĸen

Kevin Cozens
2017-06-19 01:12:40 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

On 2017-06-18 08:00 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote: I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently

[snip]

One thing I've noticed is that the second message of a double post mentions a newsgroup "local.gimp.user". The reason for the double post may have something to do with the message being posted to two places where the second place is routed back to the mailing list.

I can't that is what is actually happening. Just an educated guess.

Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include  |             --Chris Hardwick
Michael Schumacher
2017-06-19 21:07:05 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Am 19.06.2017 um 03:12 schrieb Kevin Cozens:

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Ken Moffat wrote: I'd noticed one or two double-posts recently

[snip]

One thing I've noticed is that the second message of a double post mentions a newsgroup "local.gimp.user". The reason for the double post may have something to do with the message being posted to two places where the second place is routed back to the mailing list.

Seems like someone has set up a local news server, which is reinjecting the messages.

The user account has been identified, notified and is currently suspended.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
Ken Moffat
2017-06-19 23:07:41 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 11:07:05PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Am 19.06.2017 um 03:12 schrieb Kevin Cozens:

[snip]

Seems like someone has set up a local news server, which is reinjecting the messages.

The user account has been identified, notified and is currently suspended.

Thanks.

ĸen