RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

My Crop and Selection stuff isn't working

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

My Crop and Selection stuff isn't working Joey 18 Jun 03:23
  My Crop and Selection stuff isn't working rich2005 19 Jun 09:06
   My Crop and Selection stuff isn't working Joey 19 Jun 11:46
2017-06-18 03:23:46 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Okay, so my system specs are:
Version: Gimp 2.8.16
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 4GB Classified
CPU(s): (2x) Xeon 2.6 Ghz 8core Hyper Threaded (32 threads total) RAM: (1x) Adata 1600Mhz 8GB Stick

So not sure if that matters. The issue is, that I can't crop, or use the selection tools... The layers are not locked. Pixels are not locked. Layer is locked. It does not work, with or without everything selected. The cursor doesn't say it's not working, it's just not. I do have custom preferences, and I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, and it didn't fix the problem and it kept my preferences. I tried resetting the preferences. Problem remained. I think I started to get the problem when I tried to get my tablet to work with gimp, and I played around with dynamics, but I don't recall.

Thanks, Joey

rich2005
2017-06-19 09:06:00 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Okay, so my system specs are:
Version: Gimp 2.8.16
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 4GB Classified
CPU(s): (2x) Xeon 2.6 Ghz 8core Hyper Threaded (32 threads total) RAM: (1x) Adata 1600Mhz 8GB Stick

So not sure if that matters. The issue is, that I can't crop, or use the selection tools... The layers are not locked. Pixels are not locked. Layer is locked. It does not work, with or without everything selected. The cursor doesn't say it's not working, it's just not. I do have custom preferences, and I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, and it didn't fix the problem and it kept my preferences. I tried resetting the preferences. Problem remained. I think I started to get the problem when I tried to get my tablet to work with gimp, and I played around with dynamics, but I don't recall.

Thanks, Joey

Reinstalling Gimp is a Windows solution, usually pointless.

It is most likely a problem in your Gimp profile ~./gimp-2.8

Rename that to disable it, say, ~./gimp-bak Start Gimp to make a new default profile.

It is a bit strange, position and size are 0,0 and 0,0 Did you try setting a size manually, just as a test?

Also do not discount a hardware problem, a duff mouse recently the cause of the crop tool behaving strangely, reported on another forum.

2017-06-19 11:46:02 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Reinstalling Gimp is a Windows solution, usually pointless.

It is most likely a problem in your Gimp profile ~./gimp-2.8

Rename that to disable it, say, ~./gimp-bak Start Gimp to make a new default profile.

It is a bit strange, position and size are 0,0 and 0,0 Did you try setting a size manually, just as a test?

Also do not discount a hardware problem, a duff mouse recently the cause of the crop tool behaving strangely, reported on another forum.

Using the /.gimp-bak worked! :D Thanks :D