RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New User

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New User PoPs 13 Jun 00:26
  New User rich2005 13 Jun 08:29
   New User PoPs 13 Jun 11:24
2017-06-13 00:26:46 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

New User

I have just downloaded Gimp on Windows 10, 64 bit, I then installed it. However, now I cannot find the link/button to start the program. There is nothing on my desktop or in the taskbar. I had even tried looking in the gimp folder on the C:\ drive, but to no avail. Nothing there which looks like it would execute the program. Please help.

rich2005
2017-06-13 08:29:52 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

New User

I have just downloaded Gimp on Windows 10, 64 bit, I then installed it.
However, now I cannot find the link/button to start the program. There is nothing on my desktop or in the taskbar. I had even tried looking in the gimp folder on the C:\ drive, but to no avail. Nothing there which looks like it would execute the program. Please help.

Where did you get the Gimp installation file? Anywhere other than www.gimp.org is leaving yourself open to malware.

If you do not use the customize option when installing Gimp then you do not get a desktop shortcut, but you should get a menu entry.

Providing it is there, for a 64 bit installation look for: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe

see the attached screenshot

How an installation should go, a 3 minute video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klV_1PslFG4

Some more about installing/ setting up Gimp, all Windows 10

http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-Installation?pid=202#pid202

2017-06-13 11:24:44 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

New User

I got it at Gimp.org. I knew it was there, I just couldn't find it. Now with your very clear directions, I have found it. I wonder why they hide it? Anyway, I've copied it into the main Gimp menu, and set it on the taskbar. Thanks for your swift and precise instruction. I've had Gimp before but never learned how to get the most from it. I intend to do just that now. Again, thanks...

PoPs