RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fwd: Tool Options windows position not remembered

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

15c66dc95b6-57a5-268ac@webp... 02 Jun 17:33
  Fwd: Tool Options windows position not remembered Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list 02 Jun 17:33
Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list
2017-06-02 17:33:18 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Fwd: Tool Options windows position not remembered

A few points:

Preferences -> Window Management -> Window Positions -> Save window positions on exit ... may perhaps not be checked?

...I have the Tool Options...left of the Dockable Dialogs

Tool Options is a Dockable Dialog...

Perhaps the Tool Options dialog is not actually docked onto the left of the three other vertical docks, but is merely next to it...? (https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-docks.html --- especially: - Figure 3.8. Anchoring a dialog to a dock border, - Tab menu -> Detach Tab
- Tab menu -> Lock Tab to Dock)

It looks like you perhaps are using Single Window mode - I am not personally sure of how that affects things in your case...

-----Original Message----- From: DrNukular
To: gimp-user-list
Cc: notifications
Sent: Thu, Jun 1, 2017 2:05 pm
Subject: [Gimp-user] Tool Options windows position not remembered

Hi,

I have arranged the Gimp windows in a way that I have the Tool Options to the right of the workspace, but still left of the Dockable Dialogs (see attached image). However, when I restart Gimp, the positions have swapped. Suddenly I have the Dockable DIalogs left of the Tool Options.

Is anyone else having that issue? Does anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve it? Is there a way to make Gimp remember the positions of the windows?

Thanks for any help or advise.

I'm running Gimp version 2.8.22 on Fedora 25.

Attachments: * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/594/original/gimp-tool.png

DrNukular (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)