RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Batch plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

15c66fd02ef-57a5-26943@webp... 02 Jun 17:32
  Batch plugin Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list 02 Jun 17:32
Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list
2017-06-02 17:32:07 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Batch plugin

I don't know whether a plugin already exists that does what you want (or even how to put into words

what you are describing), especially what should be done to combine the one file with the "thousands of images". (I imagine that the second file's image (each time one of the thousands is opened) will be scaled down, and probably have its opacity reduced, but...)

If you are in fact requesting that someone write you such a plugin (probably not me, as although I have been a programmer decades ago, I have done nothing in any of the languages commonly used for GIMP scripts/plugins), you will have to be more specific about your requirements.

The one file's name could be part of the script [hard-coded], or a command line option. I imagine that you would place all of the "thousands of images" in a specified directory (ahead of time) whose name could be hard-coded in the script, or another command line option. Whether the directory would be traversed recursively or not (directories within directories) would need to be decided (I cannot believe that they are currently ALL at the same directory-level - that would seem to smack of a profound lack of organizational skills...) Also where to put the resultant combined images...?

Pseudo-code could run something like this:

Open the One File (this would be the Original layer - "Background") FOR each of the Other Files in the specified directory (
OpenAsLayers (Other File)
if ( no (more) files to read ) GoTo END

if ( not an image file ) GoTo NEXT else
(
Mess with 2nd Layer to combine the two images as desired Export File As ( some combination of the names of One FIle and Other File) Delete 2nd Layer
)
NEXT: get next Other FIle in list
)
END: exit script

-----Original Message----- From: QrQ
To: gimp-user-list
Cc: notifications
Sent: Thu, Jun 1, 2017 1:52 pm
Subject: [Gimp-user] Batch plugin

Hello,

I'm looking for a batch plugin, which is the opposite of imposing the same watermark on thousands of images.

I have one background image and I need to put thousands of different images on it.

Thank you in advance,
greetings

QrQ (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)