RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2017-05-16 07:07:14 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Tablet Not Recognized as Input Device, even when starting GIMP with Tablet (Windows 10)

Sorry to ask yet another "GIMP won't recognize my tablet!" thread, but I really don't know what to do. EVERY SINGLE thread, tutorial, and article I've seen just says that as long as my tablet's drivers are installed correctly and I open GIMP using my tablet, it will be recognized in the input devices.

Unfortunately, this is not the case for me. Starting GIMP using my tablet does nothing - the input devices still only lists my mouse. I know the drivers are installed correctly, however, because my tablet still works just fine with other programs like Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI.

I'm using Windows 10, and a WACOM Intuos. Anybody have any ideas?

2017-05-17 02:27:16 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Sorry to ask yet another "GIMP won't recognize my tablet!" thread, but I really don't know what to do. EVERY SINGLE thread, tutorial, and article I've seen just says that as long as my tablet's drivers are installed correctly and I open GIMP using my tablet, it will be recognized in the input devices.

Unfortunately, this is not the case for me. Starting GIMP using my tablet does nothing - the input devices still only lists my mouse. I know the drivers are installed correctly, however, because my tablet still works just fine with other programs like Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI.

I'm using Windows 10, and a WACOM Intuos. Anybody have any ideas?

Are you clicking edit/input devices, and not edit/preferences/input devices?

2017-05-17 02:36:29 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Are you clicking edit/input devices, and not edit/preferences/input devices?

I'm clicking Edit > Preferences > Input Devices, but I just tried the other way and the result is the same.

2017-05-17 03:00:12 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

I'm clicking Edit > Preferences > Input Devices, but I just tried the other way and the result is the same.

Could you send a screenshot (alt-prt scr) after you click edit input devices?

2017-05-17 20:40:38 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Could you send a screenshot (alt-prt scr) after you click edit input devices?

These are the preferences after opening GIMP 2.8 using my Tablet.