RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting? jake besworth 14 May 13:20
  Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting? Michael Schumacher 14 May 16:14
  Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting? jake besworth 14 May 17:05
jake besworth
2017-05-14 13:20:26 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

I was editing an image with GIMP (2.8.16 and 2.8.22) and noticed that if I click Color Picker -> and try to click the bars on the ride-side column in the colorpicker they don't seem to move anymore. I can drag the arrows, and right click to get a percentage move, but before you could click and drag anywhere on the bars and it would allow you to accurately pick a color without having to manually find the arrows first.

Is this a new "feature", or is there a setting or otherwise something that I can do to go back to old behaviour?

Thanks for any advice!

Michael Schumacher
2017-05-14 16:14:54 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Am 14.05.2017 um 15:20 schrieb jake besworth:

I was editing an image with GIMP (2.8.16 and 2.8.22) and noticed that if I

Does this happen with both 2.8.16 and 2.8.22, or did it start with 2.8.22?

click Color Picker -> and try to click the bars on the ride-side column in the colorpicker they don't seem to move anymore. I can drag the arrows, and right click to get a percentage move, but before you could click and drag anywhere on the bars and it would allow you to accurately pick a color without having to manually find the arrows first.

What platform do you use?

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
jake besworth
2017-05-14 17:05:12 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

@Michael: Happens for both versions, on Ubuntu 16.04.

Here is gif of it happening: https://i.imgur.com/qLcedls.gifv note the only time the slider moves is right click (moves 10 either direction) or dragging exactly where arrows are. Clicking on any of the bars does not move arrows.

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 9:20 AM, jake besworth wrote:

I was editing an image with GIMP (2.8.16 and 2.8.22) and noticed that if I click Color Picker -> and try to click the bars on the ride-side column in the colorpicker they don't seem to move anymore. I can drag the arrows, and right click to get a percentage move, but before you could click and drag anywhere on the bars and it would allow you to accurately pick a color without having to manually find the arrows first.

Is this a new "feature", or is there a setting or otherwise something that I can do to go back to old behaviour?

Thanks for any advice!