RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Print problem with Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Print problem with Gimp serge bouc 16 Jan 17:57
  Print problem with Gimp Sven Neumann 16 Jan 18:59
serge bouc
2005-01-16 17:57:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Print problem with Gimp

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem when printing from Gimp 2.0 (I use a laptop with Mandrake 10.1 Community + KDE, printer: Epson Stylus Color 440) : the position of the picture on the paper is not in accordance with the presets in the "print" window : the picture is shifted to the left.
E.g. if I choose a left border of, say 6cm, then the actual border on the paper is around 3cm (and more generally, its about 1/2 of what I would like to).
The size of paper is OK (A4), the units are right (cm). Moreover the vertical positioning is correct, as well as the dimension of the printed picture.
Is this a problem with Gimp, Cups, printer or anything else ?

Thanks for your help. Serge.

Sven Neumann
2005-01-16 18:59:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Print problem with Gimp

Hi,

serge bouc writes:

The size of paper is OK (A4), the units are right (cm). Moreover the vertical positioning is correct, as well as the dimension of the printed picture.
Is this a problem with Gimp, Cups, printer or anything else ?

Could be a wrong PPD file. Definitely not a GIMP problem, but perhaps one in the gimp-print plug-in.

Sven