RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp 2.2.1 windows metafile and scale image bug

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp 2.2.1 windows metafile and scale image bug Laszlo 16 Jan 17:22
  gimp 2.2.1 windows metafile and scale image bug Sven Neumann 16 Jan 18:24
   gimp 2.2.1 windows metafile and scale image bug Laszlo 16 Jan 19:10
Laszlo
2005-01-16 17:22:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi!

I use gimp 2.2.1 from debian SID. My first question is:

I want to open a windows metafile (.wmz), and the plugin open fine (I can choose the dimension and the dpi value too. Its just good), BUT where can I choose the caracter encoding?

If I open my windows metafile with a text editor, I can read all the text, and the encoding is ISO-8859-2. BUT when I import the accent caracter is replaced with a space caracter (vide caracter) So, how can I fix it? (the text is in hungarian language and there is many accent caracters)

I have installed libwmf-bin packages at my debian system, but does not recognize the .wmz files (independant from the gimp try). wmf2svg image001.wmz
ERROR: meta.c (179): wmf_header_read: this isn't a wmf file

For now, I cant print the .wmz images, and I cant prepare for my examens ...;-(

------------

My other remark:

In the scale image dialog the percent unit entry does not work anymore. For example I have a :
1665x1061 px image, when I choose the percent dialog, it change to: 18488,89x11777,78 I dont know what does it mean. Normaly it change to 100% and I can just type 25%.

Remark: It worked in gimp 2.0.0-2.0.6 and gimp 2.2-pre1 too.

Best regards, Khiraly

Sven Neumann
2005-01-16 18:24:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Laszlo writes:

I want to open a windows metafile (.wmz), and the plugin open fine (I can choose the dimension and the dpi value too. Its just good), BUT where can I choose the caracter encoding?

The libwmf API (which is what the GIMP plug-in uses to load the file) doesn't seem to have a way to specify the encoding. Shouldn't it be specified in the file itself?

I suggest that you check the libwmf has a bug tracker or a mailing list where you could get more information about this.

In the scale image dialog the percent unit entry does not work anymore.

That's a known problem that is fixed with GIMP 2.2.2. So said you are using Debian Sid. Any particular reason that you haven't updated to the latest stable GIMP release yet?

Sven

Laszlo
2005-01-16 19:10:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

2005-01-16, v keltezéssel 18:24-kor Sven Neumann ezt írta:

Hi,

Laszlo writes:

The libwmf API (which is what the GIMP plug-in uses to load the file) doesn't seem to have a way to specify the encoding. Shouldn't it be specified in the file itself?

I suggest that you check the libwmf has a bug tracker or a mailing list where you could get more information about this.

I will check the libwmf mailing list.

I write down how I solved my problem:

1. I convert with wmf2fig the .wmf file to .fig file (wmf2svg produced a .svg that didnt worked for gimp neither for inkscape. wmf2eps produces an .eps with unreadable junk at the accented caracter place.)
2. Open the .fig file with xfig. And export to .svg 3. Open the .svg file with inkscape, and change some small thing (move the text to the right place, etc).
4. export as .eps from inkscape.
5. open with scribus, and place at the right place on the A4 paper. (I have printed out the documentation without the images.) 6. print from scribus

Small problem: in xfig or inkscape the text does not show as text all the letter are invidual object. (so cant edit the text, cant fix the caracter encoding (two letter are different in iso-8859-2 (o~ vs. o"; u^ vs. u"))

In the scale image dialog the percent unit entry does not work anymore.

That's a known problem that is fixed with GIMP 2.2.2. So said you are using Debian Sid. Any particular reason that you haven't updated to the latest stable GIMP release yet?

Nope. I will update as soon as possible. (didnt know about 2.2.2)

Thx for the quick reponse.

Sven

Best regards,
Khiraly