RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

hmmmm

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

hmmmm Mark D. Montgomery II 16 Jan 08:36
  hmmmm Sven Neumann 16 Jan 13:35
   hmmmm Mark D. Montgomery II 16 Jan 17:57
Mark D. Montgomery II
2005-01-16 08:36:06 UTC (over 19 years ago)

hmmmm

I just downloaded and compiled gsumi and it has the same issue with reading the pen when not on the tablet as gimp does. Although it is not as bad.
As soon as the pen is lifted out of range, it returns to normal until it is used to draw again.

So now I'm thinking the problem isn't necessarily directly related to gimp, but maybe something both programs use for pressure sensitivity (like the wacom driver?).

Mark II

Sven Neumann
2005-01-16 13:35:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

hmmmm

Hi,

"Mark D. Montgomery II" writes:

I just downloaded and compiled gsumi and it has the same issue with reading the pen when not on the tablet as gimp does. Although it is not as bad.
As soon as the pen is lifted out of range, it returns to normal until it is used to draw again.

So now I'm thinking the problem isn't necessarily directly related to gimp, but maybe something both programs use for pressure sensitivity (like the wacom driver?).

Like GDK?! Did you try testinput as found in the GTK+ source tree?

Sven

Mark D. Montgomery II
2005-01-16 17:57:55 UTC (over 19 years ago)

hmmmm

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 13:35 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

"Mark D. Montgomery II" writes:

Like GDK?! Did you try testinput as found in the GTK+ source tree?

hmm.
I'll try that.
I just tried recompiling both gtk+ 1 and 2, and then recompiling gimp and gsumi, but that didn't do anything.

Thanks.

Sven

Mark II