RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

superimpose no-smoking sign

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

superimpose no-smoking sign Shawn 16 Jan 03:50
  superimpose no-smoking sign Jacob S 16 Jan 04:09
  superimpose no-smoking sign Sven Neumann 16 Jan 13:33
Shawn
2005-01-16 03:50:57 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hello,

I've only used gimp a little bit but need to teach an autistic child to not run into the street and do other things.

To do that, I need to take pictures and then super-impose a basic no sign (like you see for no-smoking) over it. I need to do this for a lot of pictures.

Any suggestions for how to do that. I am going through the gimp help browser now but have basically no idea. I _really_ appreciate it.

Jacob S
2005-01-16 04:09:25 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:50:57 +0900 Shawn wrote:

Hello,

I've only used gimp a little bit but need to teach an autistic child to not run into the street and do other things.

To do that, I need to take pictures and then super-impose a basic no sign (like you see for no-smoking) over it. I need to do this for a lot of pictures.

Any suggestions for how to do that. I am going through the gimp help browser now but have basically no idea. I _really_ appreciate it.

The easiest way I can think of is to create your red circle with the slash through it in the right size and then save it as a brush. Then you can simply stamp it on each image where you need it.

Brushes are saved in .gbr format in the brushes subdirectory of your ~/.gimp directory. (~/.gimp might be named ~/.gimp-2.0 instead, or similar, but you get the idea.)

HTH, Jacob

Sven Neumann
2005-01-16 13:33:21 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Shawn writes:

Load your picture, create an empty layer on top of it and draw your red circle there. You can then adjust opacity of the upper layer in the Layers dialog.

If you need to do this for a lot of images, I suggest that you use a vectors program to create the "forbidden sign" and save it as SVG. Then you can load this image as a layer into your images (using File->Open as Layer).

Sven