RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra esperancecottage 24 Apr 01:30
  Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra esperancecottage 27 Apr 04:05
   Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra Partha Bagchi 27 Apr 16:18
    Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra esperancecottage 02 May 02:27
     Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra Partha Bagchi 02 May 21:41
  Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra Carol Spears 27 Apr 17:49
   Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra esperancecottage 02 May 02:27
    Please help! Ghostscript on Mac Sierra Carol Spears 03 May 02:09
2017-04-24 01:30:16 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

So I've installed GIMP, and Ghostscript (according to the install went to /usr/local - Which I have no idea how to find.)

So, been looking through the forums, but I'm a newbie. Not to using software, but to going "under the hood" of my mac.

So....How do I get GIMP to see ghostscript. Need step by step instructions if possible. I'm really good at following them, but not if they assume I already know where to find things. :-)

Running Latest GIMP and Ghostscript 9.2.1

2017-04-27 04:05:58 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Anybody, Anybody, Beuller, Beuller?

So I've installed GIMP, and Ghostscript (according to the install went to /usr/local - Which I have no idea how to find.)

So, been looking through the forums, but I'm a newbie. Not to using software, but to going "under the hood" of my mac.

So....How do I get GIMP to see ghostscript. Need step by step instructions if possible. I'm really good at following them, but not if they assume I already know where to find things. :-)

Partha Bagchi
2017-04-27 16:18:25 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:05 AM, esperancecottage wrote:

Anybody, Anybody, Beuller, Beuller?

OK, I'll bite. What are you trying to do??

Carol Spears
2017-04-27 17:49:59 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 9:30 PM, esperancecottage wrote:

libpoppler does the same things. See if you can open a pdf file and relax if you can.

carol

2017-05-02 02:27:13 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:05 AM, esperancecottage

wrote: OK, I'll bite. What are you trying to do??

I installed gimp. Then installed ghostscript. But don't know how to get gimp to see that I have ghostscript. Want to open eps files.

2017-05-02 02:27:50 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

libpoppler does the same things. See if you can open a pdf file and relax if you can.

carol

Thanks, but I want to open eps files.

Partha Bagchi
2017-05-02 21:41:06 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:27 PM, esperancecottage wrote:

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 12:05 AM, esperancecottage

wrote: OK, I'll bite. What are you trying to do??

I installed gimp. Then installed ghostscript. But don't know how to get gimp
to see that I have ghostscript. Want to open eps files.

If you installed GIMP then you should not need to install ghostscript. All

the dylds should be included in your distribution. Where did you get it?

Carol Spears
2017-05-03 02:09:23 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:27 PM, esperancecottage wrote:

carol

Thanks, but I want to open eps files.

Okay, I am thoroughly ashamed. In my defense, when GIMP was able to do "text along a path" I was not so worried about being able to load eps files again.

I read the configuration spew and noticed that configure was not finding xmkmf, which is Xorg's (previously X11) special variety of make.

I installed xutils-dev (I am on Debian because I was told to and could not find a good reason not to, way back when) and the warning disappeared and the configuration report claims to be using the postscript plug-in now (found in the source at plug-ins/common/file-ps.c

Now it is building and I do not know if I will find ps, eps in the files I might open with this new and improved build, but I suspect so.

If you are on a Mac, maybe you can forward this to apple(tm) and shame them also.

carol